Difficulty increase during infiltration

Share strategy and tips here.
DjAci

Difficulty increase during infiltration

Post by DjAci »

Hi guys, I have question for the community.

Is it possible to get an increase of enemy numbers for more than one lvl (example ex light going to light) with only one str increase?

I had a few situations where i would queue a supply raid that was say light-moderate with boost. When finished it ended beign several levels harder (heavy etc.) How does this work?

Thanks
Phaseless

Re: Difficulty increase during infiltration

Post by Phaseless »

Yeah that's possible, I read something like that Happening regularly with HQ assault.
The reason being that baseline strength rises with Advent strength and a rise in Advent and baseline strength will be adjusted retrospectively.
So it's a good idea to Keep up with Advent strength changes. I think the game pauses everytime Advent strength changes in a Region.
But there's no message when that happens, just like when it pauses when you reach 100 Infiltration somewhere.
Psieye

Post by Psieye »

Easiest way is when "Advent moves a legion between regions" and "Advent gets a UFO shipment of legions" stack. That's +2 Str while you were infiltrating. I don't know how many legions can move at the same time in the world - I do know only 1 legion can move between 2 given regions at a time. Also, if you liberated somewhere with really high Str, leftovers will be pushed into neighbouring regions.
My three 8-man GOp squad Commander campaigns:
1st
2nd
3rd
Kamikaze Samurai

Post by Kamikaze Samurai »

The Super Emergency Reinforcement UFO drops 2 strength in each of 2 adjacent regions.
Antifringe

Post by Antifringe »

Not quite. Super UFOs add 2 strength to the region they land in and 1 strength to two adjacent regions, for a total of four strength.
gimrah
Long War 2 Crew

Post by gimrah »

It's also possibly supply raids are a bit janky and/or there's high variance on the base strength which re-rolls when strength changes.

I've had one at moderate heavy get boosted down to very light.
faket15

Post by faket15 »

gimrah wrote:I've had one at moderate heavy get boosted down to very light.
This is not uncommon at all for Supply Raids. Half of the Alert 7 schedules for Supply Raids are Moderate-Heavy (2 of 4 with the other 2 being one Moderate and one Heavy) and all Alert 3 schedules are Very Light. Boosting from 67% to 100% decreases Alert by 4 levels.

The number of enemies in Supply Raids increases much faster than in normal GOps with higher Strength. An Alert 3 GOp is Very Light, the same as an Alert 3 Supply Raid, but at Alert 7 a Supply Raid will probably be Moderate-Heavy while a GOp will be Light-Moderate.
gimrah
Long War 2 Crew

Post by gimrah »

faket15 wrote:
This is not uncommon at all for Supply Raids. Half of the Alert 7 schedules for Supply Raids are Moderate-Heavy (2 of 4 with the other 2 being one Moderate and one Heavy) and all Alert 3 schedules are Very Light. Boosting from 67% to 100% decreases Alert by 4 levels.

The number of enemies in Supply Raids increases much faster than in normal GOps with higher Strength. An Alert 3 GOp is Very Light, the same as an Alert 3 Supply Raid, but at Alert 7 a Supply Raid will probably be Moderate-Heavy while a GOp will be Light-Moderate.
No I meant the base strength was moderate heavy, i.e. the strength it indicates before you start infiltrating. But when I came to it at somewhere between 100% and 150% after boost (I forget exactly), it became very light.
faket15

Post by faket15 »

gimrah wrote:
faket15 wrote:

No I meant the base strength was moderate heavy, i.e. the strength it indicates before you start infiltrating. But when I came to it at somewhere between 100% and 150% after boost (I forget exactly), it became very light.
Are you sure it was Very Light and not Light? Alert 7 is the minimum for MH schedules and being between 100% and 150% would put you at Alert 5-7. Alert 5 schedules are supposed to be Light-Moderate and Alert 6 are supposed to be LM or Moderate but the MEC pod bug can turn two of the three Alert 5 schedules and one of the three Alert 6 into Light missions. Highest Alert level with VL schedules is 3, but Alert 4 has one Light schedule that could become VL due to the same bug. If you are certain the mission ended up being VL I believe that either STR in the origin went down by two points during infiltration or it went down by one and you got the MEC pod bug.
gimrah
Long War 2 Crew

Post by gimrah »

I couldn't swear to it absolutely. Moderate heavy to v light is my best recollection but it was a while ago and I didn't write it down.

But those explanations make sense.