Effectively farming facility leads?

Share strategy and tips here.
DjAci

Effectively farming facility leads?

Post by DjAci »

Hi my dearest community,

From scouring info all around internet, this forum and my own campaigns I feel that a key to slowing AVATAR progress is getting facility leads, as destroying facilities also slows pip generation.

Now I want to ask how to get facility leads reliably. I know they are a rare hard to detect GOP that is easier to find in regions that have a facility. My question is how to maximize your chances to get it in practice. In particular, how to recognize that a GOP is a research protect.

I know Intel package + scinetist can be a likely facility lead, are there other combos?
Psieye

Re: Effectively farming facility leads?

Post by Psieye »

The most reliable way to get Facility Leads is to just do GOps even if they have 1 day left in the timer. A hack mission might yield a facility lead too, but that's my vague recollection - consult the full reference to be sure.
My three 8-man GOp squad Commander campaigns:
1st
2nd
3rd
Noober

Re: Effectively farming facility leads?

Post by Noober »

DjAci wrote:Hi my dearest community,

Now I want to ask how to get facility leads reliably. I know they are a rare hard to detect GOP that is easier to find in regions that have a facility. My question is how to maximize your chances to get it in practice. In particular, how to recognize that a GOP is a research protect.

I know Intel package + scinetist can be a likely facility lead, are there other combos?
1. Liberate one region and reveal the Doom Bar.
2. Look carefully at the message when bar is increasing - often it points out where the facility is.
3. Contact the closest of regions with the facility and scan there for mission with VIP (scientist) + Intel pack (it might be a hack mission from what I've heard but for me it always came from scientist + Intel Pack).
This is important as you will have +50% to detect chance if mission is spawn in the region with the facility and you likely will get a good inf time on that.
Be carefull with doing other missions there as this mission woun't appear after 10 vigilance.
The intel threshold is 120 so you will need all rebels on intel + avenger + scientist + may be a relay there if Avatar timer is tough.

Of couse you can get this mission anywhere but most likely - with the extremely low time to infiltrate like 1-2 days even with 13 rebels+tower+scientist due to low (17%) detection chance.
I never try to do such underinf missions on Legend but others tell it's doable with 8 mans squad.