Mission detection simulator available (LibreOffice spreadsheet)

Share strategy and tips here.
LordYanaek

Mission detection simulator available (LibreOffice spreadsheet)

Post by LordYanaek »

Following some discussion in this thread, i decided to use Psieye's script as a base to build a spreadsheet simulating mission (activity) detection.

The first (beta) version of my spreadsheet is now functional. :)
It's build as a LibreOffice spreadsheet which you can download and use on your computer. It doesn't have any macro so no dependency on JRE, i expect it will work in OpenOffice as well but i didn't test. I don't know if it would work in Excel, i don't have M$ Office to test it.

There's still a number of unused parameters, i have to add a few more (such as bonus for Facility Lead missions if the region has a facility) and there's probably some polishing to do but you can already use it to simulate your detection chance for any mission based on the number of rebels on Intel job, the number of days you plan to scan with Avenger (useful to simulate the first days of a campaign) and the presence of Scientist advisor or Radio relay. Currently you have to manually enter the mission parameters (required intel, detection chance, duration), those can be found in XComLW_Activities.ini.

I'm in the process of studying the code to add the special bonuses some missions get. I'm not sure how faceless affect intel production or mission detection, so far i haven't found mention of them in the code. :geek: