Do rupture from perk and plasma tier weapons stack?

Share strategy and tips here.
Dong101

Do rupture from perk and plasma tier weapons stack?

Post by Dong101 »

Do they stack?

And if a target get hits multiple times, do all the rupture from these sources stack?
fowlJ

Re: Do rupture from perk and plasma tier weapons stack?

Post by fowlJ »

Yes.
Dong101

Post by Dong101 »

Thank. First LW2 game and there so many little details that need clarification.
JM01

Post by JM01 »

fowlJ wrote:Yes.
Which honestly I think really shouldn't. I think that the ruptured unit should be ruptured only for the highest value they were ruptured for (i.e. if a unit is hit with a plasma rifle and then hit with the rupture skill they would then only be ruptured for 3 instead of 4).

Because rupture never fades it is essentially armor shred but worse because with armor shred the target at least needs to have armor in order to take more damage from future attacks whereas rupture can make even unarmored units take more damage. When a plasma rifle is doing 16 - 21 damage because of rupture you know that something was overdone :P.

Also for got to add that if you have a unit that is ruptured for like 6 points then any DoTs like fire or acid are going to add 6 points of damage, that is kind of high for a DoT tick.

Granted I understand that there are going to be few units that will even be able to survive long enough to be ruptured for 6 points of rupture but when you get to end game that can happen (i.e. grazing a super heavy mec about 5 times in end game with a plasma rifle when they walk into your overwatch on activation). At that point you have essentially trivialized that encounter.
Jj001

Post by Jj001 »

JM01 wrote:
Which honestly I think really shouldn't. I think that the ruptured unit should be ruptured only for the highest value they were ruptured for (i.e. if a unit is hit with a plasma rifle and then hit with the rupture skill they would then only be ruptured for 3 instead of 4).

Because rupture never fades it is essentially armor shred but worse because with armor shred the target at least needs to have armor in order to take more damage from future attacks whereas rupture can make even unarmored units take more damage. When a plasma rifle is doing 16 - 21 damage because of rupture you know that something was overdone :P.

Also for got to add that if you have a unit that is ruptured for like 6 points then any DoTs like fire or acid are going to add 6 points of damage, that is kind of high for a DoT tick.

Granted I understand that there are going to be few units that will even be able to survive long enough to be ruptured for 6 points of rupture but when you get to end game that can happen (i.e. grazing a super heavy mec about 5 times in end game with a plasma rifle when they walk into your overwatch on activation). At that point you have essentially trivialized that encounter.
I understand your reasoning and it does make sense. However, I think that the reason why the devs allow the ruptures to stack is because the point of getting plasma rifles and the difficulty with getting them makes it feel epic and like an achievement. The plasma tear Weaponry is such a pain to get with such a high resource cost that I think it should feel a little overpowered.
Dong101

Post by Dong101 »

Totally. Will not be happy if the rupture does not stack with such high investment of resources.
JM01

Post by JM01 »

Jj001 wrote:
JM01 wrote:

I understand your reasoning and it does make sense. However, I think that the reason why the devs allow the ruptures to stack is because the point of getting plasma rifles and the difficulty with getting them makes it feel epic and like an achievement. The plasma tear Weaponry is such a pain to get with such a high resource cost that I think it should feel a little overpowered.
I get that the weapons cost so much but the weapons already do so much damage that rupture stacking is not really needed (though I know that they added the rupture to plasma as most people were saying that they weren't worth it as you could finish the game with just coils). I think a good approach to this would be to make plasma weapons rupture for 2 instead so that perks and other items that rupture for more are still worth it. Right now it just seems silly to allow rupture to stack as much as it does.
Dong101

Post by Dong101 »

Stacking rupture is important late game when you encounter those high hp and armored foe (Gatekeeper, I am looking at you......).

While it is a powerful tool, the path to get a full squad equiped with all plasma are no easy. It is justifiable to have this power in late game. After all we still need to enjoy the game even when playing long war.