LW2 1.4 and Mission Cooldowns

Share strategy and tips here.
deducter

LW2 1.4 and Mission Cooldowns

Post by deducter »

Does anyone know what the details of global mission and regional mission spawns in LW2 1.4? For instance:

1. Is it the case that Advent can only move one strength point into a region at once via a supply train? For instance, if you detect a supply raid in Region A, is it true that there can never be a second simultaneous strength transfer to that region?

2. Is there a global maximum number of supply raids you can detect simultaneously? What about supply raids that you don't detect? Basically, my question is does Advent have a limited number of global troop transfers between regions that they can conduct? Or they can potentially move strength points from every region all at once?

3. Is there a global maximum number of troop column missions or other types of missions that you can detect?

4. Are there global or region cooldowns for supply trains or troop column missions? For instance, if advent finishes moving a strength point into a region, can they immediately start transferring another point or is there a local cooldown before they can move in more troops?

5. Is there a regional maximum number of simultaneous missions you can detect? Is this split out into categories like guerrilla ops or extract VIPs? the question here is, if I find say 2 guerrilla ops in a region, is there any point to scan for more of those missions?

6. Is there a global maximum number of simultaneous guerrilla ops, extract VIP, etc. missions that you can detect?
chrisb
Pavonis Dev

Re: LW2 1.4 and Mission Cooldowns

Post by chrisb »

deducter wrote:Does anyone know what the details of global mission and regional mission spawns in LW2 1.4? For instance:

1. Is it the case that Advent can only move one strength point into a region at once via a supply train? For instance, if you detect a supply raid in Region A, is it true that there can never be a second simultaneous strength transfer to that region?
Yes, there is a condition that is used in many activity templates that only allows the activity to spawn once per region at a time.
2. Is there a global maximum number of supply raids you can detect simultaneously? What about supply raids that you don't detect? Basically, my question is does Advent have a limited number of global troop transfers between regions that they can conduct? Or they can potentially move strength points from every region all at once?
I'm not 100% sure on what the exact conditions work out to be, it get's a little complex. There are restrictions that disallow strength transfers out of certain regions for various reasons. But essentially there are no explicit restrictions on how many Reinforce activity can exist. The details are in X2LWActivityCreation_Reinforce.uc and it's parent class X2LWActivityCreation.uc
3. Is there a global maximum number of troop column missions or other types of missions that you can detect?
There can only be 2 troop column missions in the world at any time. This goes for a few other mission types as well. The list of activities that are limited to 2 in the world are.
  • COIN Research - Dark Events
  • Propaganda - Get Advent Attention
  • Protect Research - Facility Lead
  • Protect Data - General hacking mission
  • Troop Maneuvers
  • High Value Prisoner - Engi/Sci rescue
  • Political Prisoners - Rebels/Rookies
  • Logistics - Smash and Grab
4. Are there global or region cooldowns for supply trains or troop column missions? For instance, if advent finishes moving a strength point into a region, can they immediately start transferring another point or is there a local cooldown before they can move in more troops?
Reinforce has no cooldowns, Troop Maneuvers has a 21-28 day regional cooldown.
5. Is there a regional maximum number of simultaneous missions you can detect? Is this split out into categories like guerrilla ops or extract VIPs? the question here is, if I find say 2 guerrilla ops in a region, is there any point to scan for more of those missions?
There are some missions which are tagged as GeneralOps and they carry a restriction that there cannot be more than 2 spawned per region.
  • Protect Data
  • Troop Maneuvers
  • High Value Prisoner
  • Political Prisoner
  • Smash and Grab
  • Snare
6. Is there a global maximum number of simultaneous guerrilla ops, extract VIP, etc. missions that you can detect?
#3 answers this too.

The source of this info is mostly in XComLW_Activities.ini and the templates for those configs are in X2StrategyElement_DefaultAlienActivities.uc. Those templates use a lot of condition and creation classes that are under X2LWActivityCondition, X2LWActivityCooldown and X2LWActivityCreation.
deducter

Post by deducter »

Thanks chrisb, this is very informative. I had a feeling a lot of these advent activities did have a global limit of simultaneous missions, but I never knew that troop columns are on a 21-28 day regional cooldown. It seems like there can be a case made to detect a troop column in a high strength region, hide all the rebels after detecting it, and switch them to intel once that regional cooldown is up.
chrisb
Pavonis Dev

Post by chrisb »

deducter wrote:Thanks chrisb, this is very informative. I had a feeling a lot of these advent activities did have a global limit of simultaneous missions, but I never knew that troop columns are on a 21-28 day regional cooldown. It seems like there can be a case made to detect a troop column in a high strength region, hide all the rebels after detecting it, and switch them to intel once that regional cooldown is up.
I used that a lot in 1.2 and it seems to still be viable. The tricky part will be handling the intel retals that will inevitably come up. I'm trying it in my current campaign to see how well I can use a region to farm columns and maybe manage strength. I know it's gotten harder to detect them, so refining a strategy that makes them more reliable and consistent will be good to have.
deducter

Post by deducter »

A follow-up question: are cooldowns based on when the mission spawns or when it completes? For instance, I detect a troop column with 6 days left. Presumably the mission actually spawned a number of days ago, say 10. Does the regional cooldown complete complete 21-28 days after I finish the troop maneuver or 11-18 days? Also, if I abort the mission is there any effect on the cooldown?
johnnylump
Site Admin

Post by johnnylump »

Cooldown starts when the first mission of an "activity" (one or more missions) spawns.