Explanations

Share strategy and tips here.
Kwic

Explanations

Post by Kwic »

Hi,

I read this on ufopaedia, but I can't understands what it means and when it applies. Can someone explain it to me ?

"Turns Before 8-Unit Reinforcements on Unlimited Reinforcement Missions : 20 after reveal, 8 after strategic fulfillment .

Thank you
fowlJ

Re: Explanations

Post by fowlJ »

To prevent you from just hanging around killing reinforcements forever, the game will eventually start dropping pods of 8 enemies every turn as reinforcements. This happens 20 turns after you start the mission, or 8 turns after you complete the objective (whichever comes first), but never on missions where your objective is to kill all the enemies.

(Because most timed missions currently have 8-12 turn timers, this isn't something you generally need to care too much about - there are a couple large untimed missions, like The Forge, where it is more relevant.)
LordYanaek

Post by LordYanaek »

Kwic wrote:Hi,

I read this on ufopaedia, but I can't understands what it means and when it applies. Can someone explain it to me ?

"Turns Before 8-Unit Reinforcements on Unlimited Reinforcement Missions : 20 after reveal, 8 after strategic fulfillment .

Thank you
Where did you read this?
Those are the "doom reinforcements" and they are explained on that page on UFOpedia
If you can point the page where you read it i'll ad a link to the explanations.
Kwic

Post by Kwic »

LordYanaek wrote:
Kwic wrote:Hi,

Thank you
Where did you read this?
Those are the "doom reinforcements" and they are explained on that page on UFOpedia
If you can point the page where you read it i'll ad a link to the explanations.

I saw it there : http://www.ufopaedia.org/index.php/Difficulty_(LW2)

Thanks for the answer.
LordYanaek

Post by LordYanaek »

Yup, that page is very rough and would definitely benefit from links to pages explaining those mechanisms.
Thanks for pointing it.