How do you get an Avatar to show itself?

Share strategy and tips here.
ElementUK

How do you get an Avatar to show itself?

Post by ElementUK »

Been playing my game far too long and still not discovered how to get an Avatar to show up to enable me to autopsy it. Skulljacking Codex's is obviously not the way in LW2. just going around in circles.
Thanks in advance for any replies that help, cheers.
hewhoispale

Re: How do you get an Avatar to show itself?

Post by hewhoispale »

ElementUK wrote:Been playing my game far too long and still not discovered how to get an Avatar to show up to enable me to autopsy it. Skulljacking Codex's is obviously not the way in LW2. just going around in circles.
Also how do recover a region that has no haven staff due to a missed mission. Just hope a mission comes your way with a lampost that gives haven members? I take it you can not transfer staff to other regions?
Thanks in advance for any replies that help, cheers.
To the best of my knowledge, you still need to skulljack a Codex to get the initial Avatar spawn. After the first Codex spawn, they will start showing up around mid-tier force levels. Why are you saying that doesn't work?

Rebels can't be transferred between havens. Placing a soldier as an adviser will provide some recruitment in that haven. So a soldier can recruit some rebels (slowly), who then can recruit as per normal. If it has been a while since ADVENT killed all the rebels and strength and vigilence has dropped enough in a region, the Avenger could also try scanning to gather intel to detect a jailbreak mission.
ElementUK

Post by ElementUK »

I have skulljacked Codex's twice to no avail.
Tuhalu

Post by Tuhalu »

It sounds like you have missed part of the requirements.

After you complete the Blacksite, you get the Alien Encryption research. You research that and unlock the ability to build the Shadow Chamber. You build the Shadow Chamber and research the Codex Brain in the shadow Chamber. Then you research Encrypted Codex Data in the Shadow Chamber. After this, you should have a quest to skulljack a Codex and kill the Avatar that spawns. Without the quest, the Avatar won't spawn.
LordYanaek

Post by LordYanaek »

This is the Golden Path missions "tree" (unless i forgot something)

Code: Select all

Officer Autopsy                               Liberate a region
       │                                              │
Skulljack officer                                 Blacksite
(kill the Codex)                                      │
       │                                       Alien Encryption
       │   ┌───────Build the Shadow Chamber───────────┤
       │   │                                          │
Codex Brain project───Skulljack a Codex               │
       │              (kill the Avatar)               │
Codex Coordinates            │                   Forge mission
       │                     │                        │
Psy Gate mission             │                        │
       └───────────────Avatar autopsy─────────────────┘
                             │
                        Waterworld
If you did all the prerequisite steps and no Avatar spawns when you skulljack a Codex, it would be a bug.
I would argue that being able to skulljack a codex prior researching the Codex Brain project can probably be considered an oversight.
ElementUK

Post by ElementUK »

I have all of the above. Also the mission to 'contact Australia and examine the avatar corpse'. I had already contacted Australia before I got the mission but it won't let me do anything there. https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 23E6A0610/ and https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ ... E3BAEC4B8/

So many times now I have been in range to skulljack a codex but the game just will not let me.
LordYanaek

Post by LordYanaek »

Did you by chance contact all regions prior to liberating the first one and Australia is where the Blacksite was located?
If you did, then you encountered a known bug that will be fixed in 1.3.
See this thread for a fix
ElementUK

Post by ElementUK »

Yes, cheers for the help and link. Additional: That link and console command did nothing for my game in enabling me to Autopsy the Avatar. Shadow Researched: Blacksite Vial, Codex Brain, Encrypted Codex Data and the Psionic gate. Not sure I have ever had the quest to Skulljack a Codex which is most likely why it won't let me Skulljack one. If there is a console command for that quest to come up...then maybe I'll be lucky if someone who knows these things can come up with the command to make that occur.