Repair times on mech troopers..balanced?

Share strategy and tips here.
Jj001

Repair times on mech troopers..balanced?

Post by Jj001 »

Hi guys. I was curious as to what people thought about the repair times on mech Troopers? I find that the repair times on Mech troopers are a little long given how long war is structured. And you can only repair one of the time. Do you think that this is balanced?
Perhaps give us the ability to repair 2 at a time?
Or decrease the repair time a bit? Or allow for research options that decrease time or assign engineers to help with repairs?
I dunno, just some ideas.
Dwarfling

Re: Repair times on mech troopers..balanced?

Post by Dwarfling »

It's balanced around the fact that you can field damaged SPARKs, and that they have 5 ablative HP they also get back. Backed up with incredibly high armor values you can get depending on your spec (C.Awareness, Bulwark, Formidable, Damage Control, Sacrifice, A point of armor for every armor tier). Rename it to FORTRESS-1.
trihero

Post by trihero »

I never figured out by the way - does the repair skill reduce the wound time or not? I've heard it both ways.
Dwarfling

Post by Dwarfling »

trihero wrote:I never figured out by the way - does the repair skill reduce the wound time or not? I've heard it both ways.
Dunno because the other two options are so good (so I have yet to take it, I just field something else when my SPARK is damaged) but I would imagine that even if it doesn't, if you're fielding a damaged SPARK, you can spend an action at the beginning of the mission to heal back to full.
Manifest

Post by Manifest »

Jj001 wrote:Hi guys. I was curious as to what people thought about the repair times on mech Troopers? I find that the repair times on Mech troopers are a little long given how long war is structured. And you can only repair one of the time. Do you think that this is balanced?
Perhaps give us the ability to repair 2 at a time?
Or decrease the repair time a bit? Or allow for research options that decrease time or assign engineers to help with repairs?
I dunno, just some ideas.
Pretty sure it's definitely balanced around the repair skill, which is still bad if it males repair too necessary.