What does "Unhindered Operations" mean exactly?

Share strategy and tips here.
jztemple

What does "Unhindered Operations" mean exactly?

Post by jztemple »

I just finished a Retaliation mission :shock: which said that the reward was "Unhindered Operations". What's that mean in game terms? Thanks!
trihero

Re: What does "Unhindered Operations" mean exactly?

Post by trihero »

It means you can go on doing what you were doing before with no penalty.

I think there might be some delay (2 weeks) before they can do the same retaliation again, according to xwynns who has inside information.
jztemple

Post by jztemple »

trihero wrote:It means you can go on doing what you were doing before with no penalty.
Oh, so it's really the reverse where I would see an effect; if I didn't fight the retaliation my operations would be hindered. Great, thanks!
Goumindong

Post by Goumindong »

trihero wrote:It means you can go on doing what you were doing before with no penalty.

I think there might be some delay (2 weeks) before they can do the same retaliation again, according to xwynns who has inside information.
what is the penalty?
trihero

Post by trihero »

Ok when you see that "unhindered operations" thing, it is referred to as a "mini-retaliation" in the dev's language. If you read the text carefully, those missions refer to either supply, recruits, or intel. Advent detected you have a lot of people on that job in the region and are actively trying to counter you.

These missions are instantaneously loaded (like rendezvous, retalation, avenger defense) with no infiltration time, so there's no reason not to bring in 8 men (which is max for this type of mission).

Whichever job the mission refers to is the one that you will lose the ability to conduct if you lose/don't do the mission, for like a month I believe or maybe 2 weeks, I haven't timed it. AKA you simply cannot put rebels on intel for that haven for that month, or whatever job the mission targets.

If you simply skip the mission entirely I've heard you outright lose a bunch of rebels and any soldier stationed in the haven. If you do the mission then things continue on as normal, minus whoever you lost in battle.

IMO the intel mission is pretty tough because sometimes the enemy spawns right on top of your relay and you're effed. But it's also the most important to counter, because no intel in that region means you can't try liberating or countering advent, youch. The recruit mission to me is pretty easy after you get the hang of it - you pretty much just overwatch camp your initial landing zone since the AI actively see pods towards you, and then rush to evac. The supplies one I've only seen once because I don't set supplies until I've liberated, but it's essentially find the rebels and camp with them until you kill everyone.
mattprice516
Long War 2 Crew

Post by mattprice516 »

Yep, if you skip one of those missions it counts as a mission failure and you lose the soldier adviser and any rebels who would have been on the mission. If you fail the mission (by skipping or just failing) you can't do that job in that Haven for a while.