Are these optimal conditions for launching a mission?

Share strategy and tips here.
jztemple

Are these optimal conditions for launching a mission?

Post by jztemple »

Current Enemy Activity: Extremely Light... Enemy Readiness: Vulnerable... Are these the best conditions I can get before launching a mission? So far I haven't seen better. My current Infiltration is 157% and I know that if I get higher the evac time is reduced by one or two turns, but otherwise is there any point to trying to get a higher Infiltration value?

Sorry if this is rather a newbie sounding question, but I've seen weird results before on missions and I'm just wondering how variable Extremely Light and Vulnerable can be.
Arcalane

Re: Are these optimal conditions for launching a mission?

Post by Arcalane »

Extremely Light is the lowest activity level, and I believe Readiness reflects maximum possible activity level vs current activity level.
mattprice516
Long War 2 Crew

Post by mattprice516 »

Readiness is a textified way of saying "your infiltration has modified the Base Activity for this mission in this way". The "Current Activity" tells you what the results are at any given time of that modification.
Devon_v
Long War EU Crew

Post by Devon_v »

I believe that is indeed the lowest you can get enemy force strength, but you may still be able to buy faster evacs and smaller detection radii.
moroniccinamun

Post by moroniccinamun »

The Commander's archive help stuff mentions something about each readiness level having multiple gradients within, so you may still get better odds if you keep going.
Off course if you are forced to start at 157% then probably no reason to like spend intel on it, unless you are in a really bad spot (like having to send just 1 guy or something)