Expressing Gratitude towards the Pavonis dev team

brutalbarbarian

Expressing Gratitude towards the Pavonis dev team

Post by brutalbarbarian »

Hey,

Just wanted to express my appreciation to the Long War dev team. I'm an old vet of the original Long War, with multiple documented Ironman Impossible campaigns. I've started trying out Long War 2 now, and I have to say - I'm super impressed by it.

Xcom EU to me was a game about superheroes.
Long War, on the other hand, was all about the uphill journey, overcoming almost insurmountable odds. Only near the end, do you finally see the light at the end of the tunnel, that you look back and go wow! Then you feel sad because you realise everything is coming to an end.

Xcom 2 base game to me was a game about superheroes and supervillains.
Long War 2, from what I've experienced so far, manages to capture much of the same feelings as the original Long War. After how disappointed and disenchanted I was by Firaxis, and the direction they decided to take with Xcom 2, is a HUGE relief.

I'm currently doing a public semi-blind playthrough of Long War 2 on Legend Ironman. I'm really hoping to capture a lot of the same feelings going through it, as I had when doing my public playthrough of the original Long War. Time will tell!

So again, thank you Pavonis!

Cheers!

----
Brutalbarbarian
https://www.youtube.com/brutalbarbarian
johnnylump
Site Admin

Re: Expressing Gratitude towards the Pavonis dev team

Post by johnnylump »

Thank you!