How to tune down the number of haven infiltration attacks

CountCristo42

How to tune down the number of haven infiltration attacks

Post by CountCristo42 »

I ended my first LW2 campaign because once I had people all over the world the haven infiltration attacks were just so common. Is there any way I can make them ~5x less often?
SpinDoctor

Re: How to tune down the number of haven infiltration attacks

Post by SpinDoctor »

CountCristo42 wrote:I ended my first LW2 campaign because once I had people all over the world the haven infiltration attacks were just so common. Is there any way I can make them ~5x less often?
What do you mean, "people all over the world"? If you mean you liberated all the regions, then then the haven attacks are supposed to happen. It's called a "super invasion" and there's nothing you can do about it, that I know of. Liberating everything doesn't win the game.
johnnylump
Site Admin

Post by johnnylump »

I'm also a little unclear on what you are after.

If you want to reduce Faceless infiltrating your havens and the number of missions, reduce the following values in XComLW_Outposts.ini:

DEFAULT_FACELESS_CHANCE=0.16f ; Initial chance [0.0 = never, 1.0 = always] of a new rebel being faceless
MAX_FACELESS_PROPORTION=0.32f ; Faceless typically won't generate if they are more than this proportion of a Haven's population

If you are trying to reduce the frequency of retaliation missions (in which the aliens assault your Havens), you can put your rebels into the "Hiding" job. A high frequency of those missions are the aliens pushing back against an extremely aggressive X-Com.

To mod changes, you can go into XComLW_Activities.ini, and change these values:
COIN_MIN_COOLDOWN_HOURS=504 ; 1ce per month per region
COIN_MAX_COOLDOWN_HOURS=504
ATTEMPT_COUNTERINSURGENCY_MIN_REBELS=5 ; Min Population of Haven (so missions aren't bare of civvies to rescue)
ATTEMPT_COUNTERINSURGENCY_MIN_WORKING_REBELS = 3 ; Min Population of Haven assigned jobs (allows hiding job to avoid retals)

Increasing the cooldown will mean more time between retals in a given region. Increasing the "min rebels" values will mean the aliens won't go after smaller Havens.

If you are trying to reduce what we call the mini-retals (raids targeting rebels on a particular job), mod these values in XComLW_Activities.ini:

MIN_REBELS_TO_TRIGGER_INTEL_RAID=3 ; Number of rebels on intel job to make this mission trigger
MIN_REBELS_TO_TRIGGER_SUPPLY_RAID=3 ; Number of rebels on supply job to make this mission trigger
MIN_REBELS_TO_TRIGGER_RECRUIT_RAID=3 ; Number of rebels on recruit job to make this mission trigger

INTEL_RAID_REGIONAL_COOLDOWN_HOURS_MIN=504
INTEL_RAID_REGIONAL_COOLDOWN_HOURS_MAX=672
SUPPLY_RAID_REGIONAL_COOLDOWN_HOURS_MIN=504
SUPPLY_RAID_REGIONAL_COOLDOWN_HOURS_MAX=672
RECRUIT_RAID_REGIONAL_COOLDOWN_HOURS_MIN=604
RECRUIT_RAID_REGIONAL_COOLDOWN_HOURS_MAX=672

If it's the major invasions launched against liberated regions, increase these values in the same file:
INVASION_REGIONAL_COOLDOWN_HOURS_MIN=864
INVASION_REGIONAL_COOLDOWN_HOURS_MAX=1080
INVASION_MIN_LIBERATED_DAYS=21 ; Minimum days after a liberation that an invasion can pop

INVASION_MIN_ALERT_TO_LAUNCH=8

Finally, if it's the aliens attacking when you control all regions, increase these values in the same file:
FOOTHOLD_GLOBAL_COOLDOWN_HOURS_MIN=240
FOOTHOLD_GLOBAL_COOLDOWN_HOURS_MAX=384

Hope this helps!
Dwarfling

Post by Dwarfling »

If you refer to the Rendezvous missions popping very often in the late game and being tedious to complete, I know what you mean. Just ignore the missions, the faceless will be gone when the mission expires. It's probably because you have so many regions and the soldier advisers are on average higher level than at the start of the campaign. At that point you probably don't care about those bodies anyways and the missions get risky vs T2 ADVENT.
CountCristo42

Post by CountCristo42 »

johnnylump wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:56 pm
DEFAULT_FACELESS_CHANCE=0.16f ; Initial chance [0.0 = never, 1.0 = always] of a new rebel being faceless
Setting this down a bunch sounds like exactly what I want - thanks a lot!
CountCristo42

Post by CountCristo42 »

SpinDoctor wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:41 pm What do you mean, "people all over the world"? If you mean you liberated all the regions, then then the haven attacks are supposed to happen. It's called a "super invasion" and there's nothing you can do about it, that I know of. Liberating everything doesn't win the game.
I mean I have havens in every part of the world - not all zones liberated.

I know full liberation doesn't win the game - its just that one I had all the havens the number of attacks on them because so common - and the mission so boring since I couldn't use my squad with all their cool abilities etc - that I gave up on the game.