Weird challenges in late game

gimrah
Long War 2 Crew

Weird challenges in late game

Post by gimrah »

Had an unusual missions in late game with large but severely undergeared squad in September. Anyone else ended up taking on missions in unusual ways later on in the game?

This was a squad of 7 on a very light - strength went up to 4 so it was 12 enemies plus a random faceless. Half M2s and half M3s. But I only had 1 coil rifle and the rest ballistics and lasers. Half the squad had no armour. Half were sergeant or lower. No incendiaries. No T2 sword for my shinobi. But I had a T2 gauntlet for the technical (to go with his ballistic smg), 1 exo, a couple of plasma grenades, a couple of laser shotguns. Had to fight on two fronts as the hack objective was distant and obscured and I didn't have time to go around. Biggest challenge was elite officer with a million hp. But flawless victory!

The other unusual one is when I feel confident enough to send a squad of 4 on a GOp. And invariably the strength ticks up and advent decide that's the mission they will deploy all their new toys en masse.
SonnyWiFiHr

Re: Weird challenges in late game

Post by SonnyWiFiHr »

I have those from start without equipment . UFO-s loves to land and screw my Scientist pick-up.
And everything is M3 for basic SMG. 1 dmg graze on full flank or miss is nice to have on 4 man GOPs.
This is the moment when you realize - Abort button do exist .
The Preacher
gimrah
Long War 2 Crew

Re: Weird challenges in late game

Post by gimrah »

I don't think the ballistic SMGs actually got fired, although the lasers did.

The elite office ate at least one plasma grenade, a shredder blast, a laser shotgun crit to the face, a basic sword fleche, and a combat protocol. Over 3 turns. There were other M3s too but they were more manageable as they had fewer hp and my ranger with the coil rifle wasn't tied up out of range.