Faceless Percentage

willdabeast85

Faceless Percentage

Post by willdabeast85 »

I don't mind the occasional "Find the Faceless with a bunch of rookies" mission, but later in the campaign it becomes way too often for me.
I saw somewhere the percent chance of recruiting a Faceless to a Haven is 18%?
Is there a way to manually lower this?

Thanks
Last edited by willdabeast85 on Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gimrah
Long War 2 Crew

Re: Faceless Percentage

Post by gimrah »

I believe you don't have to do the mission. The faceless will still be gone from your haven. You just miss out on some loot/corpses and xp on your adviser. Which is no biggie in the late game.

Don't know the answer to your actual question though.
johnnylump
Site Admin

Post by johnnylump »

XComLW_Outposts.ini, line 9 & 10

DEFAULT_FACELESS_CHANCE=0.16f ; Initial chance [0.0 = never, 1.0 = always] of a new rebel being faceless
MAX_FACELESS_PROPORTION=0.32f ; Faceless typically won't generate if they are more than this proportion of a Haven's population
The13Inquisitor

Post by The13Inquisitor »

johnnylump wrote:XComLW_Outposts.ini, line 9 & 10

DEFAULT_FACELESS_CHANCE=0.16f ; Initial chance [0.0 = never, 1.0 = always] of a new rebel being faceless
MAX_FACELESS_PROPORTION=0.32f ; Faceless typically won't generate if they are more than this proportion of a Haven's population
Had a haven of four only have a single Resistance Operative and a Technical for a Rendezvous before.

Quit out of that one right fast and let it go by.
gimrah
Long War 2 Crew

Post by gimrah »

If you look at the bottom of the mission screen when it pops it actually tells you how many faceless there are so you can decide whether to take on the mission.
The13Inquisitor

Post by The13Inquisitor »

Really?

Huh.

Good to know. Be good to know in advance before the game pulls something ridiculous like that again. Or the six Faceless rendezvous. (One active and five infiltrators.)

Only reason that didn't result in mass injuries was judicious use of explosives and area suppression.