worst dark event combos you ran into

chaosxxxxx

worst dark event combos you ran into

Post by chaosxxxxx »

As the title says,what is the worst dark event combos you have ran into?
Not talking about the permanent ones,since they are pretty much unavoidable,and while they are annoying,they still give you room to improvise.
I currently have alien infiltrators(2nd time)+infestation+ greater faceless(2nd time),with rapid reinforcement ticking(also 2nd time)...:p
It's now pretty much guaranteed that one or two soldiers will take wound every mission,not to mention scouting is turned impossible with burrowed cryssalids
I am seriously considering only sticking with smash & grab and unlimited turns missions for a month,as i do not have predator armor for everyone,and one poke from a lid will likely straight up kill my weaklings...
Kamikaze Samurai

Re: worst dark event combos you ran into

Post by Kamikaze Samurai »

The ones I hate the most are actually counter-intelligence sweep and air patrols because they slow me down at the strategic level, but to answer your question it was probably the one that increased detection radius combined with cryssalids on every mission.

Stealth became essentially impossible.
gimrah
Long War 2 Crew

Re: worst dark event combos you ran into

Post by gimrah »

Infestation is horrible. I hate burrow so much. So, so much. It's like having a concealed sentinel on overwatch in green alert, plus an extra large detection range.

Alien infiltrators is horrible as you can't go near cars at all.

Rapid response is manageable but horrible in combination of either of the above, because you have to hurry and normally safe dashes become fraught with danger.

Greater faceless is kind of irrelevant. The danger is them activating and acting before I get to respond. So a few extra hp is not very significant.

I would take on some missions with these up, but the ones it puts most pressure on are the ones with an objective and a separate fixed evac. So extraction is ok, but rescue from cell/vehicle and jailbreaks become really hard with rapid response. I end up fighting 2 or even 3 groups of reinforcements, so those are the ones to consider ignoring.