Snapshoot

SonnyWiFiHr

Snapshoot

Post by SonnyWiFiHr »

Watched Long War Early/Middle sniper builds.

I found myself deciding for two hours.
Can't decide
Should I pick it or build super aimed ranger.
OR
DFA + Battle Riffle pack (marksman rifle) = - 15 aim Snapshoot. Enough to start fight on my terms and still have DFA.

Is it worth 75 aim rookie ? Snapshooter can't overwatch and move.
The Preacher
Dwarfling

Re: Snapshoot

Post by Dwarfling »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_B_OEpfMeU

Watch that one first, decide if Xavier (Snapshot SS) would have been better as a Ranger. I think the deciding factor whether you take Snapshot or not isn't so much aim but not having crappy mobility. You get +10aim from Lone Wolf and Sharpshooters get a lot of aim from leveling, so having average aim might make them suck early game but it gets much better as they level.
Psieye

Post by Psieye »

4 questions:
1) Are you going to make a Lead by Example officer? If yes, sniper.

2) Does this 75 Aim rookie have shit defence? If yes, sniper.

3) Are you likely to delay researching sniper rifles after researching a new tier of rifles? If yes, ranger.

4) Does this 75 Aim rookie have shit mobility? If yes, EV ranger or non-snapshot sniper.
My three 8-man GOp squad Commander campaigns:
1st
2nd
3rd
SonnyWiFiHr

Post by SonnyWiFiHr »

All my rangers have negative defense . Yes I have two rangers and two snipers.
Is it Snapshoot worth 75 aim because with that Aim it is perfect DFA. ?

I have 3x 75 Aim. Mobility 15 and 15 and 14. 3x DFA - I can use only in few missions.
There is low chance to get another and I have limited experience with SS. Two month to respec soldier ?

I had to ask that question. Something tells me that it should be DFA but I need Active soldiers. SS as flanker is usually unwanted activation.

How much they loose in terms of shooting ? In cover? From far ?

BTW nice video. It is all about what you should not do. He could just climb and wait (and activate with SS). He loves burmination that I can admit.
The Preacher