Second Wave Options

sarge945

Second Wave Options

Post by sarge945 »

So, with the release of WotC, I think one thing nobody has really talked about on here is the addition of second wave options in the base game.

As much as I like those features, the second wave options in vanilla seem to be very boring.

Here are some ideas I had for Second Wave options. I went a little overboard with these. Feel free to add your own and critique these ones

1. The existing Long War Toolbox options (Red Fog, Not Created Equal, Damage Roulette etc) should all be made into proper second wave options

2. Unclear skies - UFOs start hunting the avenger from Day 1 and hunt more often (and more than 1 can be in play at once)

3. Infiltrate and Evade - Infiltration is more pronounced (0% infiltration is much harder than it is now, but ramps down a lot faster as you infiltrate more so that 100% is the same)

4. The Gift - Psionic Abilities added to some aliens which don't normally have them. Mindshields are cheaper and are available from day 1.

5. E-115 - Elerium will slowly erode (like in EU/EW with this option)

6. Aiming Angles - same as it was in EU/EW

7. ADVENT Calendar - As the Avatar project reaches it's conclusion, panic in resistence regions results in less supply income.

8. Lost but not Forgotten - Completely removes the LOST from the game.

9. Lost and Found - Adds the LOST Sitrep to every mission except for important story missions where they dont make sense (ADVENT strongholds, Haven attacks, etc)
Last edited by sarge945 on Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
8wayz

Re: Second Wave Options

Post by 8wayz »

Some of the options are kind of redundant.

Unclear skies - The Avenger defence mission is no longer triggered by a UFO hunter, but by a Chosen reaching full Knowledge about you. Hence this option will have no effect whatsoever.

Cyber Warfare - This is already done by the Chosen and their preferred monthly action. They can sabotage the Avenger, removing Elerium cores, doubling the current scan time or Covert ops time and other nasty effects.

The two options pertaining to the Lost are just too extreme - you either remove them or have them on any mission, including those where they wouldn't make sense - Retaliations, Chosen strongholds, Avatar facilities and others. Lost should be found only in the abounded cities and only in there.
Last edited by 8wayz on Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
sarge945

Post by sarge945 »

8wayz wrote:Unclear skies - The Avenger defence mission is no longer triggered by a UFO hunter, but by a Chosen reaching full Knowledge about you. Hence this options will have no effect whatsoever.
WotC definitely still has UFO Hunts. I was chased by one just yesterday but luckily got away.
8wayz wrote:Cyber Warfare - This is already done by the Chosen and their preferred monthly action. They can sabotage the Avenger, removing Elerium cores, doubling the current scan time or Covert ops time and other nasty effects.
Yeah I forgot about that. I should probably remove that one.
8wayz wrote:The two options pertaining to the Lost are just too extreme - you either remove them or have them on any mission, including those where they wouldn't make sense - Retaliations, Chosen strongholds, Avatar facilities and others. Lost should be found only in the abounded cities and only in there.
They are designed to be silly and fun. But yeah they probably don't make sense on some mission types, which would obviously be exceptions.
8wayz

Post by 8wayz »

I have yet to see a UFO hunter in my War of the Chosen campaign. So I am not sure how often do they appear. ;)

I can definitely see an option that plays with the Lost, but not removing them completely or putting them on every single mission.

For example "Stalkers in the night" - Lost swarms are triggered in a lesser extent by gun shots as well, not only explosives. This way you will focus on melee solutions instead of Canon/Shotgun-wielding soldiers.
rfriar

Post by rfriar »

Epigenetics - NCE for Aliens
Handcrafted Machinary - NCE for Robots
Commander's Choice - You choose a Squaddie's class
It Takes Time - Weapons/Armor/Items now take time to build (Like in EU)
Psieye

Post by Psieye »

rfriar wrote: It Takes Time - Weapons/Armor/Items now take time to build (Like in EU)
I believe they wanted to do this for LW2 but couldn't due to technical reasons: you cannot have parallel build queues. So you'd only be able to build 1 gun at a time, which sucks when you want to have 5 building simultaneously.
My three 8-man GOp squad Commander campaigns:
1st
2nd
3rd
rfriar

Post by rfriar »

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... text=Build

There might be a way to use or modify this. Is it an engine problem?
SonnyWiFiHr

Post by SonnyWiFiHr »

Hidden potential - nerfed.
5% can give you uber soldier. Just one point of stats is enough for diversity. HP - out. Aim should be like HP is now. 3 (example)/8 chance per +/-point or out. Just one point in will,hack or other stats like dodge or defense (1,5).
I like this option but I have created Terminator with 100+ aim. Now is turned off.

[Edit]
Realistic panic behavior. https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/fil ... =867355101
This is real change . It should be part of LW.
The Preacher
sarge945

Post by sarge945 »

LW already makes panic way less infuriating and random, so integrating that mod is probably not needed.
SonnyWiFiHr

Post by SonnyWiFiHr »

But people are running to cover. It is fun mod. Hunker down it is OK. But this is more funnier than any mod that I have install.
Right now if you get hit they hunker down - this will not break operation. If they panic and run It is Harder to recover. No more 50% percent infiltration or 0%. You will lose squad.
If you do not want it you can untick.

Slower leveling 25 %
The Preacher