Request to LW2 team

Maebalzurakin

Request to LW2 team

Post by Maebalzurakin »

I am currently playing WotC and waiting patiently for the epic effort you will put forth to convert LW2 into something that will work with it.

You have many stand alone mods that you could easily change into WotC mods. The leader pack, Alien pack, and laser pack are very much missed. I know nothing about modding, but I see loads of older mods getting WotC versions. The process seems to be very quick. Could you please convert your lesser pack mods into WotC versions? I really want to use them. :D
cryptc

Re: Request to LW2 team

Post by cryptc »

Maebalzurakin wrote:I am currently playing WotC and waiting patiently for the epic effort you will put forth to convert LW2 into something that will work with it.

You have many stand alone mods that you could easily change into WotC mods. The leader pack, Alien pack, and laser pack are very much missed. I know nothing about modding, but I see loads of older mods getting WotC versions. The process seems to be very quick. Could you please convert your lesser pack mods into WotC versions? I really want to use them. :D
From this thread: http://www.pavonisinteractive.com/phpBB ... =24671#top
johnnylump wrote:We are working on a mod that has the lasers, SMGs and coilguns all in one pack and will be compatible with WotC.
So it's something...
Jacke

Post by Jacke »

cryptc wrote:From this thread: http://www.pavonisinteractive.com/phpBB ... =24671#top
johnnylump wrote:We are working on a mod that has the lasers, SMGs and coilguns all in one pack and will be compatible with WotC.
Interesting. If you search for "Long War" under XCOM 2 Steam Workshop, you'll find a number of mods that Pavonis put out for XCOM 2 that had the features they later put together to make the full Long War 2 mod: Long War Leader Pack, Long War Alien Pack, Long War Toolbox, Long War Laser Pack, Long War Perk Pack, Long War SMG Pack.

Looks like they may take the same approach with WotC. Such component mods are a lot simpler than a full Long War 2 for WotC.
cryptc

Post by cryptc »

That does seem like a logical way to approach it. Adding all the required assets in their own packs, then finally tying it together as a whole.
Maebalzurakin

Post by Maebalzurakin »

I would also really love a standalone squad menu mod. After LW2, the base game feels empty without it. I gave up on the bondmate BS a few weeks in. It is a nightmare trying to remember the pairs. However, if they were assigned to the same squad, it would be easy.
dethraker

Post by dethraker »

Maebalzurakin wrote:I would also really love a standalone squad menu mod. After LW2, the base game feels empty without it. I gave up on the bondmate BS a few weeks in. It is a nightmare trying to remember the pairs. However, if they were assigned to the same squad, it would be easy.
That is probably the one thing that I actually miss about LW2. Though it didn't actually affect the way the squad works together, it is a great QoL feature. Would be great to see this as a standalone mod, I'm tempted to do it but it would be a wasted effort if Pavonis has plans to.