New PIP feature

Nofear001

New PIP feature

Post by Nofear001 »

Hello LW2 community!

Do you ever get tired of waiting for animations to play out?
What if every time a cinematic action took place it did so in a PIP window instead of on the whole screen?

Why, then you could easily see the action from two angles. One clearly displaying the overall results of the action and perhaps even allowing you to remaining in control of your units while the PIP window plays the shot/run/pickup/door opening/etc.. animation from the alternate camera angle! Neato!

Now I know what you're thinking why are we asking these brilliant questions in a Long war 2 Modding Forum.
Because Pavonis Interactive is my favorite Alien massacring mod makers. (Plus other modders come here too!)

No one has to do anything with this... just trying to inception you all.

P.S. That's right Post Script baby!
Is it even possible to make a mod for multi-monitor support? Then every action could be a cinematic one on my second monitor while i remain in control of my units on the primary monitor.
WarChicken

Re: New PIP feature

Post by WarChicken »

This is a really great Idea, I just wonder if it can be done.
Phaseless

Post by Phaseless »

That idea is so awesome, I almost wet my pants. There Needs to be a way to do this.
Nofear001

Post by Nofear001 »

So I downloaded the SDK tools as well as UE4 because I am trying to learn what I can about this.

Considering that I have spent well over 1000 hours playing XCOM 1 and 2 Long War (easily) ... i'm fully prepared to build my own multi-monitor support. Given that it is even a possibility.

Anyone know any good tutorials to get me off on the right foot?