UFO missions Only?

Dong101

UFO missions Only?

Post by Dong101 »

No sure is this normal or my game is bugged. Started a campaign in 1.4 and updated to 1.5 after the new vesion released.

Currently in April 4 2036, with 10 regions liberated. For other regions, 5 are strenght 3 and 1 strenght 5. I had completed the network towers in 5 of these except 1 str 3 region, with already reveal the tower. I kept it to generate Gops. But now I only find UFO precursor mission. I had completed at least 5 or 6 UFO assault and 0 other mission.

I do have the S&G bugged mission on my strategy map.

It this normal for this state of game?
8wayz

Re: UFO missions Only?

Post by 8wayz »

Well, the aliens are trying to reinforce their remaining regions and since you are up to Lib 5 in 5 of those, you are generating a lot of Vigilance due to this.

When you get to Lib 4 and Lib 5 especially, the aliens start reinforcing the region with all they have. If there are no suitable regions next to the endangered one, they will start reinforcing from offworld via UFOs.

What you are seeing is normal in the sense that you starved Advent for reinforcements and are ready to assault 5 HQs.

To avoid such a situation just do not do Lib 3 missions at all and Vigilance will not spike to such high levels. Though it is too late for that in your current campaign. :)
Last edited by 8wayz on Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Antifringe

Post by Antifringe »

Most General Operations stop appearing at Vigilance 13. Troop Ambushes last until Vigilance 16, and Smash and Grabs have no Vigilance restrictions. It sounds like Vigilance is high in all of your remaining regions, so most of the mission types have been choked out.

You aren't actually getting more UFOs than normal, BTW. It's just that they are one of the few mission types that can spawn at all now, so they are taking up a higher proportional of the pie, and because it sounds like you have contacted all the regions, so you aren't getting UFOs doing quiet landings in uncontacted regions. You're probably intercepting lots of the otherwise impossible to find Force UFOs.
Dong101

Post by Dong101 »

That could be the case. I do not have the mod that reveal vigilant, but it shown as severe and Avatar progress is slow by 79% in Haven management screen.
Dong101

Post by Dong101 »

Seem like the new release fix the problem. Multiple GOps shown up in the world map now.