wotc idea: technical upgrade

warbrand2

wotc idea: technical upgrade

Post by warbrand2 »

this is the unit class idea, to replace/upgrade teh technical.

partially based on the crap idea I posted here http://www.pavonisinteractive.com/phpBB ... 15&t=26770

CHANGE IDEA

weapon replacement: the secondary gauntlet is replaced with a primary flamethrower and secondary fuel tank, the fuel tank allows reloading of the flamethrower on a 5 turn cooldown. (while the flamethrower only has 2 ammo).

primary weapon: hellfire flamethrower
info: a salvaged advent flamethrower with a recoilless rifle mounted bellow the main flame projector.

main attack: fires recoilless rifle (has 2 ammo, stats are the same as an assault rifle though instead of a burst fires a single round.)
abilities: use of the flamethrower ability has 2 charges.
fire rocket: loads and fires a rocket from the recoilless rifle (based around RL ones, which can fire ballistic and explosive rounds) (you only get one)

secondary weapons

fuel tank: info while equipped allows reloading of the flemathrower and all linked abilities though has a 5 turn cooldown on reload. (no burning things every turn).

explosive munitions box: info a rocket focused equip instead of allowing the reloading of the flamethrower allows reloading of the rockets. has a 3 turn cooldown instead of a 5.

balance change in idea:

rockets: would have a smaller blast range and unless you put ranks into them more spread as their accuracy would be directly tied to the soldiers accuracy.

class: if hit by a flank crit has a chance to explode do the the backpacks, also maintains the purifiers 70% chance to explode on death. (balancer, you get high powered heavy weapons from this guy but if he dies and you have a tight formation it may take out your squad).

death detonation: depending on pack, if have the fuel tank anything in 3 range will be lit on fire with the ground burning around the corps for 3 turns, if have the munitions box explodes dealing 1-6 damage to everything in 4 range.

other ideas

new ability for rocket class
munitions reload: once per mission can refill explosives to all allies with in 3 range of the technical.

new flamethrower ability
lob fire ball: charges based on flamethrower ammo (takes 2 to fire once), lobs a grenade launcher range fire ball instead of a cone burn. acts like a fire bomb in all aspects.

base idea with flamethrower abilities: with the weapon gaining the ability to be reloaded each ability takes ammo from the weapon with most taking one or two ammo but the top tier ability's taking 3 (which requires an extended mag)
Sparky79

Re: wotc idea: technical upgrade

Post by Sparky79 »

IMHO I would that they go the other way.
Merge technical with gunner.
The basic idea is to turn the middle tree into technicals flame tree. Give gunners a chance to equip flamethrowers (the assets and animations are now in game) and let them choose their weapon of choice (like assault and shinobi can with shotgun vs rifle vs SMG). And rename the class to Heavy or some such. There are several skills with gunners that just seem to be doing the same thing (more or less): chain shot, rapid fire and cyclic fire and few that dont seem all that interesting (not sure how others feel about them) like flush and iron curtain. So if they were trimmed/removed there would be room for about 4 out of 7 flamer skills of technicals, two of which could be removed (quickburn) or added as base (napalm-x).

I admit that I am bias as I was never a big fan of technical. The class seemed ... superfluous (yeah, wanted to use a big word).
Autoclave

Post by Autoclave »

Sparky79 wrote:
I admit that I am bias as I was never a big fan of technical. The class seemed ... superfluous (yeah, wanted to use a big word).
Yeah, Tehnical needs to get axed from LW2. It just doesn't feel right at all with that cringeworthy gauntlet. The game has a new flamethrower model. Make it a secondary for the gunner. That stupid knife doesn't belong to gunners. Move the rest of the rocket perks to grenadier so that it will be a true demoman. Right now it's way too binary. It just shoots greandes and does nothing else. Entire perks trees are basically: "now you grenades to this" which is borring as hell.
marceror

Post by marceror »

wotc... in my experience that stands for Wizards of the Coast. ??

Work Opportunity Tax Credit?
marceror

Post by marceror »

Bah. Figured it out. :lol: