LW2 v1.5 is Live

Exquisitor

Re: LW2 v1.5 is Live

Post by Exquisitor »

Steelflame wrote:
Exquisitor wrote:Can I download it into an existing 1.4 game? I'm very close to the end of my current game and would like to see how the 1.5 changes affect the endgame.

Thanks for making LW2 such a fun mod. I've really enjoyed it!
It would be harder to not download it. It is an auto-update on Steam to get it, and it applies mid-campaign.
For a number of reasons I play offline. If it's compatible, I'll log in and download it, else I'll finish my current campaign. I'd be done with my current game by now except one of the Golden Path missions spawned in a hard-to-reach region. I'm tempted to just start over anyway. I find the end game a bit boring and have started over at the final mission on several occasions.
JulianSkies

Post by JulianSkies »

Exquisitor wrote:
Steelflame wrote:
Exquisitor wrote:Can I download it into an existing 1.4 game? I'm very close to the end of my current game and would like to see how the 1.5 changes affect the endgame.

It would be harder to not download it. It is an auto-update on Steam to get it, and it applies mid-campaign.
For a number of reasons I play offline. If it's compatible, I'll log in and download it, else I'll finish my current campaign. I'd be done with my current game by now except one of the Golden Path missions spawned in a hard-to-reach region. I'm tempted to just start over anyway. I find the end game a bit boring and have started over at the final mission on several occasions.
Base game and expansion are separate launchers, entirely separate executables, hence why the expansion is the size of the base game.
You can download the expansion then bit boot the base game and nothing changes.
Thumper

Post by Thumper »

Exquisitor wrote:
Steelflame wrote:

Yes, it is compatible. That's why JL said it won't break 1.4 saves (or shouldn't).
Dong101

Post by Dong101 »

If you have smash and grab GOps better finish it before update. Many peoole encounter negative timer on S&G. But game can still run.
Greenie88

Post by Greenie88 »

I'm curious if anybody has seen a SnG in 1.5 at all. I want to play but without SnG in my current campaign, I have no shot at getting enough elirium.
orion_winterfire

Post by orion_winterfire »

Greenie88 wrote:I'm curious if anybody has seen a SnG in 1.5 at all. I want to play but without SnG in my current campaign, I have no shot at getting enough elirium.
Mid-April of a new commander/classic level campaign and I've detected just one.
Steelflame

Post by Steelflame »

They just put out an update like 30 minutes ago that fixed the smash and grab bug is why.
Dong101

Post by Dong101 »

Steelflame wrote:They just put out an update like 30 minutes ago that fixed the smash and grab bug is why.
Yes! Multiple mission shown up with 2 S&G. And the negative hrs S&G had been clear from map.

Now need more troops to do all these Gops.
orion_winterfire

Post by orion_winterfire »

Aw crap. I was wondering what the deal was. I'm afraid I might have tI scrap a campaign because I'm so far behind now :-(
Phaseless

Post by Phaseless »

Is this the right thread for suggestions? If not, please tell me where to re-post.

My current gripe is that Management is unnecessarily clumsy IMO.

For example, just let me assign a haven Manager on a Mission and let it be my Problem to remember to assign a new one. Don't make me Exit Mission prep, go into avenger, click command tab, unassign haven Manager, go back to Bridge, click Mission again, and re-assign soldiers.

Same with freeing up Equipment, there should be a button to free all Equipment like there was in Long war 1. Would not be surprised if there already was a mod for that (please Point me to it?), but it should be a given IMO. Maybe replace text by Symbols with a help sign for Information to reduce clutter.

Then, when you assigned a Team on a Mission, but re-think something or want to check something and you Exit the Mission assignment Screen, you have to re-assign everybody. Is there a way to make the game remember your selection?

Finally, I still feel like I run into new pods too often and I do take responsibility in that I could do better myself by advancing more slowly. But there is a clock ticking usually. I'd like something like the scanner from LW1 to return, so you have a way to check if it is save to flank. Some researchable item to build maybe, or even a skill, I don't care. Something that is available in the early game that allows you to make more sensible movement choices.
Psieye

Post by Psieye »

Phaseless wrote: For example, just let me assign a haven Manager on a Mission and let it be my Problem to remember to assign a new one. Don't make me Exit Mission prep, go into avenger, click command tab, unassign haven Manager, go back to Bridge, click Mission again, and re-assign soldiers.
Before, you couldn't even assign a haven advisor if he was in a squad. Just remove your soldier from the squad when you assign him as an advisor.
Phaseless wrote: Then, when you assigned a Team on a Mission, but re-think something or want to check something and you Exit the Mission assignment Screen, you have to re-assign everybody. Is there a way to make the game remember your selection?
That's a symptom of not using the squad management tool. Don't ever assign soldiers just by clicking the default 'add soldier' buttons in the loadout. Instead, assign soldiers to the squad then select the (same) squad (to refresh). You'll have to ask for screenshots if this isn't clear.
Phaseless wrote: Finally, I still feel like I run into new pods too often and I do take responsibility in that I could do better myself by advancing more slowly. But there is a clock ticking usually. I'd like something like the scanner from LW1 to return, so you have a way to check if it is save to flank. Some researchable item to build maybe, or even a skill, I don't care. Something that is available in the early game that allows you to make more sensible movement choices.
The scanner is a midgame tech. Earlygame, you rely on not losing concealment on your shinobi or different tactics. Consider the "Peek from Concealment" mod to make stealth more intuitive/easier. Are you aware of how noise attracts pods?
My three 8-man GOp squad Commander campaigns:
1st
2nd
3rd
Phaseless

Post by Phaseless »

Thanks, peek from concealment Looks like a great mod, will download.

And I will try to use squads more. I thought squads are a useless mechanic as Long as you don't have an officer (working on that ATM, should be ready any day now).