How much vigilance spikes up from doing Network Tower?

Psieye

How much vigilance spikes up from doing Network Tower?

Post by Psieye »

Is it a one-time spike when you get your free radio tower? Or is it '+vig every X days'? Do the previous Lib missions generate abnormal vigiliance?
My three 8-man GOp squad Commander campaigns:
1st
2nd
3rd
Clibanarius

Re: How much vigilance spikes up from doing Network Tower?

Post by Clibanarius »

Liberation missions don't actually generate additional vigilance in the way people imagine they do. They generate the standard vigilance any mission does, though, and having to do 4 missions in a region (to get done with the tower/get a free tower in the region from the mission being run) is noticeable.
LordYanaek

Post by LordYanaek »

Clibanarius wrote:Liberation missions don't actually generate additional vigilance in the way people imagine they do.
I'm inclined to believe this cause i just spent some time digging through ini and code to answer Psieye and found nothing. That being said, i've read numerous times that they do and so far, nobody said anything different (you're the first one i see). I even remember a precise number of +2 for the Network Tower :?

Maybe they used to in previous versions of the mod, thought i don't remember seeing anything about that in the patch notes so i guess it was just a misconception that spread around the web (but why a precise number).
Psieye

Post by Psieye »

I can chalk it up to misinformation. With vigilance hidden without modding, people will make guesses. We know vigilance fluctuates before you contact a region - Antifringe's logged campaign had a newly contacted region start at 10 vigilance.
My three 8-man GOp squad Commander campaigns:
1st
2nd
3rd
JulianSkies

Post by JulianSkies »

It might also be possible that having an exposed tower/HQ literally makes ADVENT move in troops up to a minimum amount regardless of vigilance, as well. Someone should check that.
faket15

Post by faket15 »

Liberation 3 increases "desired strength" by one. This is like increasing Vigilance by one except that it only affects the Reinforce activity, used to move Strength between linked regions. On regions with very high Vigilance this effect disappears because "desired strength" can't be higher than 15.

Liberation 3 also has an effect on Offworld Reinforcements. Unlike the Reinforce activity, UFOs use RNG to decide where they will land. Each region has a weight based on multiple factors. Liberation 3 adds one to the regional weight. A region with high Vigilance but nothing else that attracts UFOs will have weigth 4 that turns into a five with this modifier.

The presence of a Radio Tower should increase "desired strength" by one but not affect the weight for UFOs. The modifier is currently bugged and adds one to the "desired strength" of every region, not only to regions with a Radio Tower.
artifixer

Post by artifixer »

Clibanarius wrote:Liberation missions don't actually generate additional vigilance in the way people imagine they do. They generate the standard vigilance any mission does, though, and having to do 4 missions in a region (to get done with the tower/get a free tower in the region from the mission being run) is noticeable.
What do you mean by "get a free tower"? There are ways to get a radio tower without actually building it?
Thumper

Post by Thumper »

artifixer wrote:
Clibanarius wrote:Liberation missions don't actually generate additional vigilance in the way people imagine they do. They generate the standard vigilance any mission does, though, and having to do 4 missions in a region (to get done with the tower/get a free tower in the region from the mission being run) is noticeable.
What do you mean by "get a free tower"? There are ways to get a radio tower without actually building it?
Yes, if you do the network tower liberation mission you take control of that tower for your haven in that region.