Effects of liberation on ongoing troop columns

Icarus

Effects of liberation on ongoing troop columns

Post by Icarus »

I have just received a troop column in one of my regions. Thing is, I was about to liberate that region. What happens if I liberate first and finish troop column later? Can I do that at all? Does Advent still lose the legion?
8wayz

Re: Effects of liberation on ongoing troop columns

Post by 8wayz »

Once you liberate the region, all missions currently under infiltration will prompt you to launch or abort them ( at their current infiltration percentage).

It is advised that you finish any important missions or be at least at a good infiltration level before you start the HQ assault.
nmkaplan

Post by nmkaplan »

Any missions you choose to run in the region immediately after liberating get a +50% bonus (additive, not multiplicative) to infiltration. So if you infiltrate your troop column to 50%, and then run the HQ, you should have the option to run the Troop Column at 100% afterwards.

Also, missions run in the region after liberation have an advent strength of 1.

You *should* be able to do an intel boost on top of the +50% liberation bonus, but currently there is a bug that only gives you the greater of the two bonuses, rather than stacking them. It will be fixed in 1.5.

Any missions you do not choose to run immediately after liberating vanish forever.
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

But even if I liberate, then launch the troop column immediately thereafter, does Advent lose the legion? That depends on how it is coded. If Advent strength is 1, a troop column can't reduce the strength or something like that.
8wayz

Post by 8wayz »

As far as I understand it, it will try to subtract from the current strength in the region, which after liberation is 1. Since it can not go lower than that, nothing will also be changed concerning Advent strength. You will still get the loot though. ;)

From a purely gameplay point of view it is better first to do the troop columns, since that will make your final liberation mission easier - less Advent strength to deal with.
Antifringe

Post by Antifringe »

I doubt it. I once got a Troop Ambush in a region with 1 strength. It had started at 4, but apparently lent 3 legions to three separate neighbors by the time I had finished infiltrating. Nothing weird happened when I completed the mission. Strength stayed at one, and no legions mysteriously vanished from other regions.
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

Thanks. I waited with the liberation. Gotta bleed Advent wherever possible.