Steady Weapon suggestion

WanWhiteWolf

Steady Weapon suggestion

Post by WanWhiteWolf »

Steady Weapon is used entirely for Death From Snipers.

You can use it for Snapshot Snipers or Shooting Gunners but it's bit clunky / slow. If you go with Steady, then these shooters fall behind of the squad - they simply cannot keep up.

What I would propose is to have it's bonus reduced to +15 aim/crit but make cost a single AP and boost your next shot. This will make this mod useful for more classes. For example:

- A rifle assault can use it as first action, then use rapid fire
- A Ranger can use it as first action, then use rapid fire (useful if you have only 2 bullets left)
- A Ranger could also use it to combo with Walk fire
- A gunner could use it and then combo it with cyclic fire / rapid fire
- A snapshot sniper could dash; next turn use Steady + shoot.
..etc

This would be a slight nerf to DFA snipers but honestly ... I am looking at my DFA sniper and he hits a muton in full cover with 100% chance and 85% crit 2 screens away. I doubt many can complain that DFA doesn't do its job. And in return, they get a slight utility (e.g. they can steady and can throw a smoke).
RookieAutopsy

Re: Steady Weapon suggestion

Post by RookieAutopsy »

I use stocks on Assaults because they are not always in a position to fire but I agree it would be nice if it was a single AP non-turn ending action.
Dwarfling

Post by Dwarfling »

RookieAutopsy wrote:I use stocks on Assaults because they are not always in a position to fire but I agree it would be nice if it was a single AP non-turn ending action.
Why do that when Assaults almost always move before shooting? Giving up one of Laser-Autoloader-Magazine/Supp doesn't seem worth it IMO.
RookieAutopsy

Post by RookieAutopsy »

I do that for high aim Slugshot+Trench Gun builds. It makes the shot/stun better and its fantastic if you can pull of a Trench Gun ambush while steadied. I don't usually take both expanded+autoloader on shotguns as they usually have spare APs for reloads between fights so it goes on with those specs as I get better mileage.

I'm more saying there are uses for them other than DFA snipers.
Psieye

Post by Psieye »

Wait, arc thrower is affected by stock? I assume pistol isn't affected.
My three 8-man GOp squad Commander campaigns:
1st
2nd
3rd
RookieAutopsy

Post by RookieAutopsy »

As dumb as it sounds, I haven't actually checked, I mentioned it as an afterthought as normally I will steady up for TG ambush or an opportunistic SS on a mech.