Which missions don't have unlimited reinforcements?

viktri

Which missions don't have unlimited reinforcements?

Post by viktri »

Made a post on this topic on reddit, not sure whether this is a bug or feature.

Finished LW2's earlier iteration. Am in my second 1.4 iron Man play through focusing on PSI soldiers.
Earlier today I attempted one of the missions where your destroy the statue to get advents attention. I was waiting for cool downs when reinforcements started dropping non stop. There were originally 8 or 9 enemies and I ended up killing around 34 but I couldn't clear everything and I failed the mission. Thankfully I only had one minor wound but now I've got a team at the alien facility that I need to blow up.
Are there reinforcements that are on a timer for the sabotage the alien facility missions? I don't want to find out the hard way since I can't reload any saves.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Xcom/comments/ ... orcements/
whitelion1284

Re: Which missions don't have unlimited reinforcements?

Post by whitelion1284 »

I believe there is a Doom counter that is activated after you've completed the objective or spent too many turns on a map. After a certain point reinforcements start showing up every turn. It's supposed to encourage you to play guerrilla style: get in, get it done, get out.
fowlJ

Post by fowlJ »

whitelion1284 wrote:I believe there is a Doom counter that is activated after you've completed the objective or spent too many turns on a map. After a certain point reinforcements start showing up every turn. It's supposed to encourage you to play guerrilla style: get in, get it done, get out.
This is not the case in missions were your objective is to kill all enemies, which the Sabotage Monument mission is one of. This shouldn't have happened.
Are there reinforcements that are on a timer for the sabotage the alien facility missions?
On Sabotage Facility missions, yes. You complete the objective and evac.
viktri

Post by viktri »

Yeah my problem was that reinforcements were coming down and I had two pods to finish. I was killing 1 pod + 1 extra alien per turn and I was able to kill all the original aliens but my squad couldn't handle the reinforcements as they got stronger and stronger.

I managed to plant the c4 after the 3rd wanted of reinforcements but all for naught.

I finished the alien sabotage mission without any reinforcements despite fighting starting from turn 1.
whitelion1284

Post by whitelion1284 »

fowlJ wrote:This is not the case in missions were your objective is to kill all enemies, which the Sabotage Monument mission is one of. This shouldn't have happened.
Right. Right. Clarification is always good.