Alien Hunter Question

whitelion1284

Alien Hunter Question

Post by whitelion1284 »

Hey folks,

So I've played pretty far into the game. I've gotten power armor and have quite a collection of gauss weapons. I've made contact with every region on the map and gained all the continent bonuses. I do have the alien hunter weapons but I've yet to see a single mission as a result of the DLC. No nest. No rulers. Nuthin'. Is this normal?
Zyrrashijn

Re: Alien Hunter Question

Post by Zyrrashijn »

Depends. Did you activate the story content? If so, the Nest and the Tower mission are possible outcomes of an "intel package". Therefore, if you never do those, you don't get the missions.
whitelion1284

Post by whitelion1284 »

Thank you.

- I have the DLC installed and have already collected the weapons. Is that what you mean by "activating the story content"?
- Intel Package: so I have to do the research projects? Aah, that may be the missing component.
Zyrrashijn

Post by Zyrrashijn »

no "Intel package" is a mission reward. It is either a facility lead, a POI, or the Nest or the Tower. No need to research anything. Do not confuse this advent or alien data caches.

The DLC story contents are activated by checking the respective tickbox at campaign start.
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

But even if the checkbox on game start isn't checked, there should still be the rulers in the game. Which should have appeared by now, I assume (never played without checkbox before).
whitelion1284

Post by whitelion1284 »

I definitely have the DLC active. But during my last campaign I finished the game without ever seeing the Nest or a Ruler. I simply never got those missions. I DID get the weapons. They showed up very early. But that was it. No Rulers. No nifty armor. Just the axe, the pistol, and the wookie bowcaster.
nmkaplan

Post by nmkaplan »

Icarus wrote:But even if the checkbox on game start isn't checked, there should still be the rulers in the game. Which should have appeared by now, I assume (never played without checkbox before).
If you play without the box checked, the Rulers start to show up in the September-October time frame. I had the Viper King first show up on an Avenger Defense mission. Zoinks!