Any workaround for incorrect rnf schedules in 1.4?

DaviBones

Any workaround for incorrect rnf schedules in 1.4?

Post by DaviBones »

I have been waiting patiently for 1.5 but I really want to start a new campaign. Instead of blatantly murdering innocent rookies, I will instead ask:

Are there any INI edits we can make to fix the bad rnfs on haven defense and other missions?

As a secondary question, will there be any issue continuing a 1.4 campaign when 1.5 is released?
Steve-O

Re: Any workaround for incorrect rnf schedules in 1.4?

Post by Steve-O »

DaviBones wrote: Are there any INI edits we can make to fix the bad rnfs on haven defense and other missions?
There are actually two bugs with the RNF schedules on some missions, as discussed in the thread linked below. Not only are the RNFs using the wrong schedule, but they're starting further along the schedule than they should. The latter issue can be corrected with an INI fix (see TwoTracks's post) to help ease the pressure, but the actual issue of incorrect schedules is not so easy for us to fix on our own, unfortunately.

http://pavonisinteractive.com/phpBB3/vi ... 15&t=26297
DaviBones wrote: As a secondary question, will there be any issue continuing a 1.4 campaign when 1.5 is released?
Time will tell, I suppose. Personally, I start over each time a new patch comes out, just to be sure.
wobuffet

Re: Any workaround for incorrect rnf schedules in 1.4?

Post by wobuffet »

@Steve-O Hadn't seen this; thanks for the link! (tracktwo too, obviously)