- Berserker

Doesn't work:
Faceless (AOE attack)
Andromedon (AOE attack)
Cryssalid (..bug?)
Lancer (..bug?)

Not tested:
Archon

I would guess it works on Archon but not on Berserker but I didn't get the chance to test it. I was expecting to work on Lancer and Cryssalids but it seems they don't care.

Edit: Added berserker.
Last edited by WanWhiteWolf on Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Psieye

Re: Combatives proc

Post by Psieye »

I once had a turn where 2 stun lancers dashed at my shinobi. The first got parried. The second just hit me.
My three 8-man GOp squad Commander campaigns:
1st
2nd
3rd
WanWhiteWolf

Post by WanWhiteWolf »

Psieye wrote:I once had a turn where 2 stun lancers dashed at my shinobi. The first got parried. The second just hit me.
I saw the Hive Queen going underground. I didn't know how to make it spawn so I sent my Shinoby in the proximity.

Plan was to proc combatives and then take it down with the Kubikiri Sniper. The Sniper did his job just fine. Shinoby came home in a bag tho.
DaviBones

Post by DaviBones »

WanWhiteWolf wrote: I saw the Hive Queen going underground. I didn't know how to make it spawn so I sent my Shinoby in the proximity.

Plan was to proc combatives and then take it down with the Kubikiri Sniper. The Sniper did his job just fine. Shinoby came home in a bag tho.
I wonder if this has something to do with the enemy attacking during the player's turn. Or perhaps, the "chryssalid landmine maneuver" is counted as a reaction, and as we know, reactions (like muton counterattack) are not counterable.
llll BlackFlag

Post by llll BlackFlag »

It consistently procs on archons for me, but I have only encountered 3 or 4 this campaign so there may be a scenario where it doesn't
TheDarkZero

Post by TheDarkZero »

They work vs andromedon so long as you put the shinobi right next to him, so they should also work vs faceless as long as they dont melee you from range 2.

Never worked vs chryssalids for me, witch is a damn shame.
Franzy

Post by Franzy »

Combatives do not work against Faceless, even if it is in adjancent tile (bladestorm does work).
Combatives do not work against reaction attacks from burrowed cryssalids, not sure if it is a bug or intended behavior, but you can parry their normal attacks.
However only the first attack per turn can be parried in any case.
LordYanaek

Post by LordYanaek »

It's definitely not 100% guaranteed to work thought. I don't know if it's a bug or working as intended but my soldiers failed to counter on a few occasions even against enemies standing right next to them. I'm 100% sure of an Andromedon in my most recent Network Tower mission who sent Nishimura to the infirmary for quite some time even thought he was directly adjacent and i think i remember not parrying some stun lancer attacks too but that was some time ago.