black site doesn't remove avatar countdown

dario_gaston

black site doesn't remove avatar countdown

Post by dario_gaston »

So, maybe I don't remember correctly, but in vanilla you could remove the avatar proyect completion countdown by completing any mission that removes avatar proyect progress points. Now I was playing on the edge, got down blacksite 5 days before avatar completion and.... it didn't stop. Is it supposed to be like that?.
Rikokrates

Re: black site doesn't remove avatar countdown

Post by Rikokrates »

I just completed the blacksite mission this evening on Veteran/Ironman. The avatar progress is reduced by three, I just saw it happen now.

I wonder if your saved game is bugged/corrupted?
dario_gaston

Post by dario_gaston »

But did you complete it after the doom countdown started?
Rikokrates

Post by Rikokrates »

Yes, though I infiltrated the site before it started counting down, I completed it with about 25 days on the clock.
tracktwo
Long War Dev

Post by tracktwo »

The intended behavior here is it should remove some pips from the avatar timer, but once it fills back up again it will start at the countdown point where it stopped last time. LW2 doesn't have the vanilla behavior of completely resetting the countdown timer each time it fills back up again.

But if it didn't remove any pips at all, this sounds like a bug. There have been a few other reports of buggy doom removal behavior but nobody has yet been able to get me a saved game that I can get a real bug out of. If you still have one from your blacksite (e.g. on the mission itself) and can send me a link to it that'd be great.
dario_gaston

Post by dario_gaston »

Sorry, no, I don't have those saves. Good to know the clock will be paused and resume when the progress is filled again.