Weird bleeding out glitch

SouthpawHare

Weird bleeding out glitch

Post by SouthpawHare »

Video footage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8oTNdKBd94

So here's a situation I encountered. After a bad situation in which I activated too many enemies, my ninja got mind controlled, shot, and then shot again, and fell into bleed-out status. However, his bleed-out timer remained at 4 turns indefinitely for many turns, never counting down. He did not have the Emergency Life Support chip, which I initially thought might have been the issue (although that's not how that's supposed to work anyway). I then later revived him (to counteract another well-known glitch involving the SPARK and cover from vanilla XCOM 2), and he did not seem substantially debuffed from red fog while at 1 HP, especially his movement speed which seemed unchanged. When he finally was evac'd, he was more gravely wounded than I thought a person even could be, requiring over 30 days of hospital time.

What exactly happened here? Something to do with the interaction with Mind Control, I imagine?
Antigonos

Re: Weird bleeding out glitch

Post by Antigonos »

The same bug happened to me where a revived shinobi retained his full movement. But there was no mind control involved, he just took a nice crit through high cover.
nmkaplan

Re: Weird bleeding out glitch

Post by nmkaplan »

It sounds like there are two bugs here. The first seems to involve red fog not applying to revived units. I haven't seen that reported before, so that's kind of interesting.

The other has been reported and is known and fixed in 1.5, and causes effects (like burning, disorient, poison etc) to stop ticking down after each round after mind control is broken.

So if you flashbang your mc'd buddy to buy you a turn, the soldier will remain disoriented for the rest of the mission after mc is lost. Seems like it applies to bleed out timers too.