Extraction zone - bug or intended?

Sparky79

Extraction zone - bug or intended?

Post by Sparky79 »

So I am unsure if this is a bug or not but sometimes the extraction zone is in the same place as the landing zone.
I didnt mind this so much until I did the Forge as that is not a small map and running back all the way from the mission objective, one of my team carrying the objective, and reinforcements (and leftovers that I sneaked by on the way in) making things even more interesting. :o

I am not asking for the extraction zone to be on the roof of the mission objective building :lol: but all the way on the other side of the map seems a bit extreme.
mattprice516
Long War 2 Crew

Re: Extraction zone - bug or intended?

Post by mattprice516 »

For some missions that is intended, yeah. Many missions now have extraction zones a bit closer to the start, with a bit of randomization.
Dwarfling

Post by Dwarfling »

It's set that way so you can't trivialize the most important missions in the campaign by stealthing all the way to the objective, grabbing it and evac'ing without firing a shot. For example, the most efficient tactic for Blacksite was to bring a Shinobi officer and a Shinobi runner with a Spider suit and zero equipment. Put officer en-route to evac, grab the vial, grapple to the roof, run for the evac while getting way out of range of anything near the vial, command for a last dash. Next turn run the officer to the evac. Done. And with minimal infiltration time and personnel busy. For the Facilities and Forge it was one or two Shinobis, one with Conceal, hide, throw flare, re-Conceal, complete the mission.
Sparky79

Post by Sparky79 »

Cool.
Well thanks for clearing things up for me. :)