1.5?

orion_winterfire

1.5?

Post by orion_winterfire »

Any official word or unofficial thoughts about the arrival (or lack thereof) of lw 1.5, now that we have only 10ish weeks before the release of a vanilla expansion that's sure to complicate matters?
Izmir Stinger

Re: 1.5?

Post by Izmir Stinger »

Now you've done it!

Doctor Sticks

Post by Doctor Sticks »

I just squadwiped with a team of rookies.

Thanks.
Clibanarius

Post by Clibanarius »

What? Read the patch notes thread or something. There's your thoughts. It's coming eventually, what retarded shit is this 'or lack thereof' crap
orion_winterfire

Clibanarius wrote:What? Read the patch notes thread or something. There's your thoughts. It's coming eventually, what retarded shit is this 'or lack thereof' crap
If there are likely to be compatability issues between lw and the expansion, PI could decide to postpone most/all work on lw until they know what they have to do to make it play nice with the expansion. Or the patch could be delayed if manpower is diverted from 1.5 to work on a whole new version of lw for the expansion.
orion_winterfire

Doctor Sticks wrote:I just squadwiped with a team of rookies.

Thanks.
Anytime.
deaconivory
Long War 2 Crew

Post by deaconivory »

orion_winterfire wrote:Any official word or unofficial thoughts about the arrival (or lack thereof) of lw 1.5, now that we have only 10ish weeks before the release of a vanilla expansion that's sure to complicate matters?
We are still testing fixes for a few stubborn bugs, and looking at some smallish mid/late game balancing tweaks. One tester just finished his Legend campaign last night, so we are all going over his notes, and trying to convince him to get some sleep before starting a new campaign. :D

You can follow the progress here: http://www.pavonisinteractive.com/phpBB ... 15&t=26052

As with all things software related, "it'll be ready when it's ready" is the only honest answer I can provide.
Dlareh

Post by Dlareh »

deaconivory wrote:You can follow the progress here: http://www.pavonisinteractive.com/phpBB ... 15&t=26052
I see it's been updated with a lot of good fixes. Depth Perception was totally bugged all this time? :shock:

And Haven Advisors can stay in squads, so the haven-squad assignment UI will at last cease to be something that !@#$ing sucks. Hurray.
Excitement continues to build as city centers across the globe prepare for the latest incarnation of Groundhog Day.
justdont

Post by justdont »

Dlareh wrote:I see it's been updated with a lot of good fixes. Depth Perception was totally bugged all this time? :shock:
Only anti-dodge part of it. You can edit XComLW_SoldierSkills.ini and change DP_ANTIDODGEBONUS into DP_ANTIDODGE_BONUS to unbug it.
orion_winterfire

deaconivory wrote:
orion_winterfire wrote:Any official word or unofficial thoughts about the arrival (or lack thereof) of lw 1.5, now that we have only 10ish weeks before the release of a vanilla expansion that's sure to complicate matters?
We are still testing fixes for a few stubborn bugs, and looking at some smallish mid/late game balancing tweaks. One tester just finished his Legend campaign last night, so we are all going over his notes, and trying to convince him to get some sleep before starting a new campaign. :D

You can follow the progress here: http://www.pavonisinteractive.com/phpBB ... 15&t=26052

As with all things software related, "it'll be ready when it's ready" is the only honest answer I can provide.
Nice. Thank you so much for the response. PI is a breath of fresh air when it comes to communication.
LordYanaek

Post by LordYanaek »

justdont wrote:
Dlareh wrote:I see it's been updated with a lot of good fixes. Depth Perception was totally bugged all this time? :shock:
Only anti-dodge part of it. You can edit XComLW_SoldierSkills.ini and change DP_ANTIDODGEBONUS into DP_ANTIDODGE_BONUS to unbug it.
Glad i noticed this before starting my latest HQ mission with my 3 snipers squad, the Anti Dodge is the real reason i put a Depth Perception PCS to all of them, not the +5 aim so i would also say it was totally bugged :shock:
Cogo

Post by Cogo »

Thank you guys for this fantastic mod! I would rather call it an expansion!

Patch 1.5 got lots of goodies in it! When can we get our hands on it? :D
I would gladly accept a "beta" patch, where I cant complain about bugs!

Thanks again for your awesome work on Long War! I would buy this if it was an expansion! (Maybe Devs from Xcom 2 will read this).
Best Regards, from Sweden.
Cogo Hatemachine - The one you love to hate
----------------------------
Hero: "- If I pull that mask off, will you die?"
Me: "- It would be extremely painful...."
Hero: "- Yer a big guy"
Me: "- ..for you"
johnnylump
Site Admin

Post by johnnylump »

We aren't doing Beta patches because we don't have the manpower to track feedback from two different versions out in the world. Half the feedback posts wouldn't say which version they were playing, and we'd have to query ... it'd ultimately make a final 1.5 take a lot longer to get out.
Cogo

Post by Cogo »

Ok, fair enough! 8-)

Thanks for a quick reply! ...on a saturday even! :)
If you want any beta testers that does provide the correct feedback, I can see quite a lot on this site.

Cheers!
Dlareh

Post by Dlareh »

johnnylump wrote:We aren't doing Beta patches because we don't have the manpower to track feedback from two different versions out in the world. Half the feedback posts wouldn't say which version they were playing, and we'd have to query ... it'd ultimately make a final 1.5 take a lot longer to get out.
Really? To me it would seem relatively straightforward to have a closed or semi-open beta where anyone who downloads it is admonished to make very clear what version they're using before submitting any feedback. You could even insist they only give feedback within a certain subforum.

(I know you have official testers, what I'm describing would be a next-level thing for when you have certain stable/milestone pre-releases for wider testing)

Anyway, release management and doing betas is a chore so I never tell people how they should manage it. All I'm saying is that segregating "1.5-beta1", "1.5-beta2", and so on feedback in its own place seems like quite a small and solvable part of the problem.
Excitement continues to build as city centers across the globe prepare for the latest incarnation of Groundhog Day.
Cogo

Post by Cogo »

1.5 looks amazing! I'd be happy if half works :p.

Any update when we can get our.....paws, on it? :D
Zyrrashijn

Post by Zyrrashijn »

Stop killing rookies already!
Steve-O

Post by Steve-O »

Cogo wrote:1.5 looks amazing! I'd be happy if half works :p.

My latest 1.4 campaign was going so well just out of the gate. Then suddenly, half my rookies get killed in just three missions!
I thought it was some sort of bug, so I was coming to complain, but now I see that it was YOUUUUUUUUUU!
Cogo

Post by Cogo »

Steve-O wrote:
Cogo wrote:1.5 looks amazing! I'd be happy if half works :p.

My latest 1.4 campaign was going so well just out of the gate. Then suddenly, half my rookies get killed in just three missions!
I thought it was some sort of bug, so I was coming to complain, but now I see that it was YOUUUUUUUUUU!
Um, what did I do?

It was him! *Point*
Omeletteville

Post by Omeletteville »

Every time you bump this thread it happens again!

Oh wait... Now I've done it.
ekaC

Post by ekaC »

Wait. 1.5 is Long war of the chosen, isnt it?
johnnylump
Site Admin

Post by johnnylump »

ekaC wrote:Wait. 1.5 is Long war of the chosen, isnt it?
No.
Cogo

Post by Cogo »

johnnylump wrote:
ekaC wrote:Wait. 1.5 is Long war of the chosen, isnt it?
No.
Is 1.5 close? Sorry to ask when you said no ETA, but we want! :mrgreen:
Steve-O

Post by Steve-O »

Cogo wrote: Is 1.5 close? Sorry to ask when you said no ETA, but we want! :mrgreen:
I'm starting to think you're just trolling us now. :P
Dlareh

Post by Dlareh »

Never attribute to trolling that which can be adequately explained by overenthusiasm with English-as-a-second-language