The Forge deeply remote EVAC zone...

Zyxpsilon

The Forge deeply remote EVAC zone...

Post by Zyxpsilon »

Just completed my first since v1.4 --

I really don't get why the entire Squad now has to go alll the way back to the initial DropZone for evac (unless i'd be chased by some re-inforcements -- which didn't happen in that case by error?). That's a clear _"StopWastingMyTime"_ flaw or some automatic console calls with TATC.

Soooooo... ideally, you'd probably have to re-consider this scripting change please -- maybe even let us "Call-Skyranger" as we once could.
Tuhalu

Re: The Forge deeply remote EVAC zone...

Post by Tuhalu »

Zyxpsilon wrote:I really don't get why the entire Squad now has to go alll the way back to the initial DropZone for evac
Because they want you to fight the mission. Before you could stealth to the objective and go hide in the corner until your evac was ready. Very boring. This way, you have to fight your way in, fight your way out or possibly both.
Zyxpsilon

Re: The Forge deeply remote EVAC zone...

Post by Zyxpsilon »

The "Call-Skyranger" option only became available once the StasisSuit had been unlocked in Vanilla & now, LW2 too. Which in most cases means there's a few or NO Alien enemies still remaining on the map (in the map above.. all i had was a single puny Drone that was swiftly dispatched by my sniper as soon as it appeared). That fact simply leads us into a looooooonnnnggg stroll of at least 4/5 Dashes by each squad members including the "Suit-Carrier". Now -- that's really boring, IF we don't get to face re-inforcements.

-- VANILLA = random evac zone at the back of -or very near to- the building soon followed by two Advent Transports.
-- LW2 = the various delay situations can also occur in other mission types with timers (but TheForge feels worst), btw.