Does Trial by Fire affect Resistance Members?

IslamDunk

Does Trial by Fire affect Resistance Members?

Post by IslamDunk »

As the title says.
I am building two Ranger Officers that solely operate as Haven Advisors, so I am picking specific Abilties that suit themselves and the situation.
It seems that Resistance Members do not have a Rank, but I wonder if Trial by Fire affects them in a different way, so they gain Abilities faster.
LordYanaek

Re: Does Trial by Fire affect Resistance Members?

Post by LordYanaek »

Unless something changed since 1.2, no. Rebels only "level" at supply drops (probably based on some RNG roll) and never gain xp in mission so TbF won't help them (neither does scoring kills in missions so you should always try to score the killing blow with the advisor during Rendezvous)
Dwarfling

Post by Dwarfling »

Trial by Fire doesn't affect rebels. Rebels don't gain experience in combat, only after the Supply Drops, where they basically roll a dice with some modifiers to see if they level up or not.

Tell you what tho, dedicated Haven Advisors are not a good idea in general, unless I guess those Rangers came out with really inadequate stats (low aim AND 13 mobility). But that's something you might be able to fix with a speed PCS, a different build and playing a bit differently. Just stick in the highest ranked slow soldiers you aren't deploying in your current batch of GOps (DFA Sharpshooters, Suppression Gunners and such).
Alketi

Post by Alketi »

I was wondering the same thing. It'd be nice if rebels leveled both through Trial By Fire and through kill XP...

As much as I love the idea of Trial By Fire, I found it virtually useless in my campaign.

Since it's a throw-away skill I didn't want to give it to my A or B team Officers, and since Officer leveling was nerfed and since I was simultaneously running 4 squads on missions, by the time I had an officer who could get Trial By Fire almost everyone in my barracks was already a Sergeant, so what was the point?

It needs a tweak IMO. It should either be one tier lower the Officer list or it should level troops up to Staff Sergeant.
IslamDunk

Post by IslamDunk »

Dwarfling wrote: Tell you what tho, dedicated Haven Advisors are not a good idea in general, unless I guess those Rangers came out with really inadequate stats (low aim AND 13 mobility). But that's something you might be able to fix with a speed PCS, a different build and playing a bit differently. Just stick in the highest ranked slow soldiers you aren't deploying in your current batch of GOps (DFA Sharpshooters, Suppression Gunners and such).
Then I probably should rotate some Advisor Rangers to go on a mission and level up while the other Advisor Rangers keep the haven. I want my each soldier to have a consistent role, rather than flexibly change tasks. I already have set a system that eases my management.

Anyway, too bad that Trial by Fire doesn't affect them... probably should have picked Jammer.