overhaul.ini went back to default

Jackal

overhaul.ini went back to default

Post by Jackal »

just realized i was babbling so i'll cut to the chase: my changes to the overhaul.ini namely the weight of ammo and grenades to zero got erased... Is this something I did or something I can avoid?? I should have noticed it when the flares weren't visible anymore (another change I'd made)

thanks in advance (I left the babbling for your amusement)

Yikes...i just got my ass handed to me like a hat on a 8 man vs 10-12 bad guy mission... I was wondering what in the hell was going on as I felt like i was a learning-developed fish in a barrel full of jello... I lost four guys.. i hadn't lost but one soldier all campaign (Im half way into the infiltration of my first HQ... three havens) ....

when I was equipping for my next mission i noticed that my grenadiers were at -4 for movement because of each and every grenade.

I have always thought this was complete shit to have the grenades weigh anything, especially since the game doesn't make you less weighed down when you throw or launch one... and it makes the AWC perks useless.
Jacke

Re: overhaul.ini went back to default

Post by Jacke »

Jackal wrote:just realized i was babbling so i'll cut to the chase: my changes to the overhaul.ini namely the weight of ammo and grenades to zero got erased... Is this something I did or something I can avoid?? I should have noticed it when the flares weren't visible anymore (another change I'd made)
I'd advise using the Alternate Mod Launcher as you will be able to tell when a mod is updated and so could have overwritten your metamodding.

And to metamod LW2, I'd suggest taking another mod that changes things (like what I use, A Better Rookie for LW2 LITE) and metamod it to give you want you want. It's less likely to be updated and easier to see the whole mod and be sure your metamods are still in place. And you can confirm it's loaded after LW2 in the Alternate Mod Launcher and can change things to make that so.
Jackal

Post by Jackal »

Jacke wrote:
Jackal wrote:just realized i was babbling so i'll cut to the chase: my changes to the overhaul.ini namely the weight of ammo and grenades to zero got erased... Is this something I did or something I can avoid?? I should have noticed it when the flares weren't visible anymore (another change I'd made)
I'd advise using the Alternate Mod Launcher as you will be able to tell when a mod is updated and so could have overwritten your metamodding.

And to metamod LW2, I'd suggest taking another mod that changes things (like what I use, A Better Rookie for LW2 LITE) and metamod it to give you want you want. It's less likely to be updated and easier to see the whole mod and be sure your metamods are still in place. And you can confirm it's loaded after LW2 in the Alternate Mod Launcher and can change things to make that so.

If I subscribe to A Better Rookie for LW2 Lite... i wouldn't want to adjust any soldier characteristics..... just make pistols, all grenades (except shaped charges and proximity mines and all ammunition weigh ZERO. As I think they should be that way in the game... like I said, it's simply stupid that reg ammo doesn't count, but when you switch to a special ammo suddenly you are weighed down .... etc etc with my explainations

thanks for the alternate mod launcher, I"ll have to look into that ... it seems a little over my head to combine it now that i've already begun a campain, but ... as i have said so many times, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for all the help you give us newbies
Jacke

Post by Jacke »

Jackal wrote:If I subscribe to A Better Rookie for LW2 Lite... i wouldn't want to adjust any soldier characteristics..... just make pistols, all grenades (except shaped charges and proximity mines and all ammunition weigh ZERO.
I took a look at XComLW_Overhaul.ini and the lines which declare the weights of the items. They're lines beginning with '+' to be added into the appropriate config sections for XCOM 2. I'm not sure about using another file to metamod them, so you should just do what you did before with a few extra steps.

1. Back up the original uneditted XComLW_Overhaul.ini
2. Edit XComLW_Overhaul.ini
3. Back up the the editted XComLW_Overhaul.ini elsewhere so you can recreate the changes.
4. Use the Alternate Mod Launcher which will tell you a mod has updated.
5. When LW2 updates, use a diff program (like WinMerge) to get the differences between files in #1 and #3 so you see all your changes.
6. Back up the new uneditted XComLW_Overhaul.ini to eventually replace the file in #1
7. Recreate the changes you see in #5 in the new LW2's XComLW_Overhaul.ini
8. Back up the newly reeditted XComLW_Overhaul.ini to replace the file in #3
9. Go back to #4
Jackal

Post by Jackal »

Jacke wrote:
1. Back up the original uneditted XComLW_Overhaul.ini
2. Edit XComLW_Overhaul.ini
3. Back up the the editted XComLW_Overhaul.ini elsewhere so you can recreate the changes.
4. Use the Alternate Mod Launcher which will tell you a mod has updated.
5. When LW2 updates, use a diff program (like WinMerge) to get the differences between files in #1 and #3 so you see all your changes.
6. Back up the new uneditted XComLW_Overhaul.ini to eventually replace the file in #1
7. Recreate the changes you see in #5 in the new LW2's XComLW_Overhaul.ini
8. Back up the newly reeditted XComLW_Overhaul.ini to replace the file in #3
9. Go back to #4

HEAD JUST EXPLODED :)

For the more caveman types like me: I will just know when the changes I made are erased because I will pay attention to the loadout screen for when grenades cause a -1 in my mobility... or when i don't see the red flares ... but will probably mean a restart... I should have noticed that one too

then I'll just go back in and make the changes

i only make zero the following
pistols
nanofiber
hasmat
hellaweave
upgraded medkit
all ammo
all grenades (not shaped charges or proximity grenades)
skull jack
all psionic equipment

thanks again, I mean that. I will definitely keep this post copied in my xcom file along with other posts, in case my slower, caveman process really needs to give in to the AltMod.

I am wishing you good karma... may your soldier make that crucial 52% shot you need to avoid a squadwipe and come out with no casualties instead :)