Retaliation Mechanics

llll BlackFlag

Retaliation Mechanics

Post by llll BlackFlag »

Hey everyone, I recently started a 1.3 campaign on legend and am a little confused about the retaliation mechanics. I have read the articles at ufopaedia as well as the 1.3 patch notes about how raids are supposed to work but they seem to be working differently in my campaign. The notes state:

"Retaliations (and mini-retals) will occur according to a different mechanism: every day you have a rebel on a job, the rebel has a chance to be detected by ADVENT. That chance is impacted by difficulty level, regional vigilance and alert. If detection occurs, a global bucket to trigger a retaliation gets a little more full. (There are buckets for each rebel job except hiding and a master bucket for full Haven retaliations). Once a threshhold is reached, a retal/mini-retal will occur and the bucket empties. They will tend to occur in busier regions. This reduces the minimum working rebels threshhold to trigger retals and should space out retals/mini-retals better. Increased regional cooldowns for these missions."

I'm currently in May of my campaign and have had 2 supply raids in the same region, but I've only ever had 1 rebel working supply with 5-7 on intel at all times. Shouldn't I be triggering intel raids rather than supply raids? Also I only have 2 advent strength in the region triggering supply raids with the only other contacted region having 1 strength, but my second supply raid is swarming+ in May. Is this normal for 1.3 legend?

Any insight from more experienced players would be appreciated