How to get UFO raid missions in 1.3?

Navil

How to get UFO raid missions in 1.3?

Post by Navil »

Hi,
i am in my 1.3 Campaign at around my 80 mission July, and i didnt got any UFO raid mission. Any one know what r the requirements for UFO missions? How much must be Vigilance and Advent strentgh so i can get them? Should i scan only or i need find a lead?

Greetings
Dwarfling

Re: How to get UFO raid missions in 1.3?

Post by Dwarfling »

I don't have the specifics and I don't want to dig the .ini right now, but you need a large spike in vigilance in the region you want it to land, I dunno if you also need Global Alert at high. Anyways, how I used to go about it in 1.2 is that spamming missions, specially a Liberation chain would make vigilance sky high and ADVENT would try to move legions into that region. After a while the precursor mission would be detected, a hack with no intel package (looks the same as Liberation 1). Comes with a short timer so you usually need to boost. After completing the mission, immediatly Landed UFO pops with something like 8d to infiltrate.

I think I spotted the precursor in 1.4, but I'm not sure since I kept vigilance and global alert low by hiding.
Tuhalu

Post by Tuhalu »

There are three different UFO reinforcement activities. You have a force UFO, an emergency UFO and a super emergency UFO. Each one starts with a preliminary mission, which if completed unlocks the UFO mission.

ScheduledOffWorldReinforcements comes every 15 days and tries to increase Force Level throughout the world. The preliminary mission runs between 3 and 7 days, making it quite hard to detect. It's always a Recover or Hack mission, with only Intel as a reward (making it look a lot like Liberation 1). I believe this one looks for a "safe" region to drop in, preferring to drop in the lowest vigilance region in the world.

EmergencyOffWorldReinforcements comes regularly as well (timing determined by difficulty), but tries to add 1 alert its target region and one adjacent region. The preliminary mission runs between 5 and 9 days, making it fairly hard to detect. It's always a Recover or Hack mission, with only Intel as a reward (making it look a lot like Liberation 1). I'm not sure what region this UFO likes to drop in, but it's probably a low vigilance region too.

SuperEmergencyOffWorldReinforcements only come if global vigilance +20 is greater than global alert (advent strength). It will add 2 alert in its target region and 1-2 alert in any adjacent region (excepting liberated regions of course!). The preliminary mission runs between 5 and 9 days, making it fairly hard to detect. It's always a Recover, Hack or Rescue mission, with only Intel as a reward. If you see a Rescue mission with only an Intel reward, you can be sure it is the preliminary for this! This tends to drop in a high vigilance region.

The standard strategy for "farming" UFOs is to have intelligence going everywhere you can and try to hit up anything that looks like Lib1 (Intel is the only reward). If you have Lib1 completed in a lot of regions, this becomes even easier as any Intel only missions are going to reward either a UFO or a Facility Lead. You can't have more Facility Leads than there are Facilities active in the world, so you'll eventually get to the point where Intel only missions reliably unlock some kind of UFO.

Note: UFO missions and their preliminaries generally have increased alert levels (1 or 2), which combines with their short detection times to make them fairly hard.
trihero

Post by trihero »

The TL:DR read of Tuhalu's post is you look for missions that say "Find a Lead" but only have intel as a reward. When you see these kinds of missions, they can only be one of two things: Lib 1, or a UFO precursor. That's what he means specifically when he says "looks like lib 1."

There's nothing too special you probably should worry about to force them to spawn except put rebels on intel and make sure you don't ignore the "Find a Lead" missions that only have intel rewards.