I miss the old Bullet Wizard

Doctor Sticks

I miss the old Bullet Wizard

Post by Doctor Sticks »

This build was from LW1, where a gunner could take holo targeting (which was applied via suppression, where this does not seem to be the case in LW2), also could take Shredder Ammo. Their job was to lay down fire, and essentially provide fire support to the team, and spend less time actually firing at the enemies.

I suppose combining Holo with Area Suppression in this way (if it applied Holo) would be pretty strong, and would almost render the Holo-Sniper useless.
trihero

Re: I miss the old Bullet Wizard

Post by trihero »

I suppose combining Holo with Area Suppression in this way (if it applied Holo)
If you read the tooltip of holo from the sharpshooter or from the SPARK, it specifically says Area Suppression will not apply holo.
Dlareh

Post by Dlareh »

Notice how "if it applied Holo" is right there in the quote you are responding to; he was talking about how strong it would be.

Anyway, holo targeting is available in the AWC to non-Sharpshooters and non-Assaults as a Tier 3 offensive perk. Just like vanilla XCOM 2 it works with all directed primary weapon shots and single suppressions, but not area abilities.
Excitement continues to build as city centers across the globe prepare for the latest incarnation of Groundhog Day.
8wayz

Post by 8wayz »

That build was too unbalanced, you applied two heavy debuffs on multiple enemies (with Danger Zone) and a good buff for your troops ( thanks to Holotargeting). And you could do it for 3 turns in a row, with some extra mags.

Seeing that reloading is just a single action in Xcom 2 and that you have area suppression, they had to break that build, otherwise it could lock down 1 or 2 whole pods indefinitely.
Doctor Sticks

Post by Doctor Sticks »

Indeed, Gunner was a favorite of mine. The amount of work they did was amazing.
Drogmyre

Post by Drogmyre »

8wayz wrote:That build was too unbalanced, you applied two heavy debuffs on multiple enemies (with Danger Zone) and a good buff for your troops ( thanks to Holotargeting). And you could do it for 3 turns in a row, with some extra mags.

Seeing that reloading is just a single action in Xcom 2 and that you have area suppression, they had to break that build, otherwise it could lock down 1 or 2 whole pods indefinitely.
It wasn't too unbalanced, not compared to all the other degenerate shit in LW1. You needed the shred, and enemies had insane inbuilt defense that Bullet Wizards were amazing against.

I don't understand this concept of a build being too broken by virtue of it working, you WANT multiple powerful builds that all do different things, otherwise you just have stale trooper builds like in LW2 for certain classes where all your choices are meh and nothing really can change that much. This has improved with 1.3, but still.
Bullett00th

Post by Bullett00th »

This is part of the reason I keep saying holo targeter belongs to the gunner and the knife belongs to the sniper