Add Option for "Reload All"?

Doctor Sticks

Add Option for "Reload All"?

Post by Doctor Sticks »

There are already mods that do "Overwatch All", and "Evac All", which I think are mandatory to any Xcom 2 build, would the devs consider adding an option that reloads all allied soliders? During mission where you have a lot of soliders, having to reload them individually is very tedious sometimes.

Thoughts?

P.S. I have zero clue on modding, so I don't know how to do that myself.
Alketi

Re: Add Option for "Reload All"?

Post by Alketi »

Check out the mod "Quick End Turn". It will reload/overwatch/steady based on what your soldiers have equipped and how many turns they have remaining. It also hunkers all civilians. It's not a perfect substitution for what you want, but it covers nearly all situations and the few times you want to move and reload (before your gun is completely empty) instead of move and overwatch, you should be able to handle those manually. I uninstalled OverwatchAll after using this mod.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =872528253
Sines

Post by Sines »

There's also a mod, called Auto Reload I believe, which causes your soldiers to reload before taking a turn ending action with 2 Actions. So if you're about to fire a Rifle (and you're not a Ranger) with 2 AP remaining, you'll automatically reload (without animation) and then shoot. Might also cover some of the same ground you're interested in.
trihero

Post by trihero »

There are already mods that do "Overwatch All", and "Evac All",
This is a bit tangential, but I want to remind everyone using "overwatch all" that if you equip a pistol, pressing overwatch all will make pistol users go into pistol overwatch instead of their main weapon, which is almost always a bad move.
Dlareh

Post by Dlareh »

Quick End Turn is better anyway, no need for Overwatch All to clutter things

Auto Reload is neat, by the way. I hadn't heard about it; seems to do its little thing well.
Excitement continues to build as city centers across the globe prepare for the latest incarnation of Groundhog Day.
RookieAutopsy

Post by RookieAutopsy »

Dlareh wrote:Quick End Turn is better anyway, no need for Overwatch All to clutter things

Auto Reload is neat, by the way. I hadn't heard about it; seems to do its little thing well.
Yep, I de-cluttered my action bar by only having Quick End Turn as a, well, quick way to end the turn. Auto Reload is also good as its just a silent helper.
Doctor Sticks

Post by Doctor Sticks »

Thanks for the tips, I didn't know about those mods.

That should take care of what I want.