Burning duration, bug?

dario_gaston

Burning duration, bug?

Post by dario_gaston »

I was used to burning lasting one full alien turn, applying one last tick of damage on the second alien turn and fade out on that same turn.
Do advent officers have some kind of fire resistance perk?. Today I used roust on one of them, got the burn applied, and on the next turn the advent officer got damaged and then got rid of the burn. This happened twice, only with roust.
Is that some kind of bug?
Dwarfling

Re: Burning duration, bug?

Post by Dwarfling »

Was the officer close to water?
dario_gaston

Post by dario_gaston »

There was a fountain nearby and I think he ran to it. Is that so? never knew such thing was implemented!.
Tuhalu

Post by Tuhalu »

It's worth mentioning that you can still put a burn effect on an enemy standing in water. Its only removed if they move into a water tile. If they run out of the water in their panic, the burn is not removed :D
JulianSkies

Post by JulianSkies »

Tuhalu wrote:It's worth mentioning that you can still put a burn effect on an enemy standing in water. Its only removed if they move into a water tile. If they run out of the water in their panic, the burn is not removed :D
High likelihood that if they are standing on a water tile then they are going to move into a water tile while panicking, but if they do happen to move from a water to dry land for some reason, then yeah, it's not removed.
Manifest

Post by Manifest »

dario_gaston wrote:I was used to burning lasting one full alien turn, applying one last tick of damage on the second alien turn and fade out on that same turn.
Do advent officers have some kind of fire resistance perk?. Today I used roust on one of them, got the burn applied, and on the next turn the advent officer got damaged and then got rid of the burn. This happened twice, only with roust.

Do you know how to see burn duration? You use an action that targets enemies and hover over their icon. If an enemy only has 1 more turn of burn left, they won't be disabled next turn.

On the last turn of burning, the burn damage will apply but then the effect will end. They will only be disabled if the burn effect will last two or more turns.

I don't know if this is a bug, but this happens consistently when an enemy only has one turn of burning left. What is not consistent is that very rarely fire items will only apply one turn of burning. This has happened to me with incendiary grenades, I don't know if it's a bug, or a rare intention, but you can at least see if it'll happen.
nmkaplan

Post by nmkaplan »

Manifest wrote:
dario_gaston wrote:I was used to burning lasting one full alien turn, applying one last tick of damage on the second alien turn and fade out on that same turn.

Do you know how to see burn duration? You use an action that targets enemies and hover over their icon. If an enemy only has 1 more turn of burn left, they won't be disabled next turn.

On the last turn of burning, the burn damage will apply but then the effect will end. They will only be disabled if the burn effect will last two or more turns.

I don't know if this is a bug, but this happens consistently when an enemy only has one turn of burning left. What is not consistent is that very rarely fire items will only apply one turn of burning. This has happened to me with incendiary grenades, I don't know if it's a bug, or a rare intention, but you can at least see if it'll happen.
Everything you said is true, but in the OP's case it happened because the officer moved into a water tile, which immediately cancels the "on fire" effect. This really threw me for a loop as well the first time it happened to me. I had no idea it was a thing.