How precisely do infiltrations in a just-liberated region work?

Lyzak

How precisely do infiltrations in a just-liberated region work?

Post by Lyzak »

When you infiltrate a mission and, during infiltration, complete the region's Regional HQ liberation mission, what happens?

I know the general gist of it: you have to run the mission immediately after. But... what else happens? Specifically:

1) Does the percent-infiltration of the mission change?
2) What is the effective ADVENT Strength of the mission's region?
3) Are there any other under-the-hood changes to the mission's subjective difficulty?

Here's a more specific example.

A Supply Raid was detected in my region just before I was ready to run the Regional HQ (which had been infiltrating for a while). However, it only spawned with 2 and a half days. I sent a large squad on the Supply Raid, intent on simply evacuating them (without even running the mission) if the difficulty didn't go down substantially after the HQ was complete: the strength in the region prior to running HQ is 4, and the total estimated infiltration time to 100% on this Supply Raid was 6 days (three times what I could actually achieve with my squad).

What should I expect happens to this Supply Raid after I liberate the region?
Lyzak

Re: How precisely do infiltrations in a just-liberated region work?

Post by Lyzak »

So, I did wind up doing Liberation today. I wasn't expecting to have time.

I also aced it, flawless. Take that, FL 11.

Here's what I learned about missions leftover in a just-liberated region:

Supply Raid - Before: https://www.dropbox.com/s/91kx8ewf6ijz7 ... Before.png
Supply Raid - After: https://www.dropbox.com/s/hnv5d5o0hhoba ... 0After.png

It appears that the game awards you a flat 50% infiltration boost and says "Good enough!" From the numbers here, it doesn't seem to suggest that the "effective ADVENT Strength" of the region goes down in context to the leftover missions.

Additionally, you can't intel-boost the leftover missions. Well, I mean, you can try, but the game just eats up your tasty, tasty intel and gives you a whopping 0% additional infiltration. I'm gonna throw that on the bug forums.
Tuhalu

Post by Tuhalu »

Aside from the flat infiltration increase, the main advantage you get is that enemies no longer get Reinforcements in the remaining missions. Obviously, that doesn't apply to Supply Raids, but it can be useful for cleaning up general ops.
Lyzak

Post by Lyzak »

Tuhalu wrote:Aside from the flat infiltration increase, the main advantage you get is that enemies no longer get Reinforcements in the remaining missions. Obviously, that doesn't apply to Supply Raids, but it can be useful for cleaning up general ops.
Oh, that's somethin' I didn't know. But yeah, certainly no consolation for an under-infiltrated supply raid :lol:
fowlJ

Post by fowlJ »

I believe post-liberation missions are also supposed to be downgraded to ADVENT Strength 1, though I don't know how that interacts with Supply Raids, which normally will use the strength of the source region, if it is higher than the destination.
gimrah
Long War 2 Crew

Post by gimrah »

Note also boost has no effect at that point, although the game will let you try.
chrisb
Pavonis Dev

Post by chrisb »

gimrah wrote:Note also boost has no effect at that point, although the game will let you try.
This was a bug in that the two boosts were not stacking properly and it was taking the greater of the two. So it would sometimes have an affect, but only if the boost was more than 50% of full infiltration. This is fixed for the next patch.