How to Mod Starting Soldier Values

dwhansen777

How to Mod Starting Soldier Values

Post by dwhansen777 »

In starting a new campaign I want to change/mod starting soldier values.
I would like to boost the starting aim value by 5.
If someone could point me to the appropriate file/location where I could make that change, I would be appreciative.
I don't want to edit each individual soldier...I desire for each rookie that comes on board during the campaign to have the modified starting value to aim.

TXS
Jacke

Re: How to Mod Starting Soldier Values

Post by Jacke »

dwhansen777 wrote:In starting a new campaign I want to change/mod starting soldier values.
I would like to boost the starting aim value by 5.
I find the best way to do this is to include a mod that changes soldiers' stats and then metamod it. It's all in a single spot and it's easier to keep track of it.

I use the mod A Better Rookie for LW2 LITE. I take out all of its non-stat changes by removing all of its files except XComEditor.ini, XComEngine.ini, XComGame.ini, and XComGameData_CharacterStats.ini. Then I metamod that last file to adjust the stats of rookies and others.
chrisb
Pavonis Dev

Post by chrisb »

To change the soldier stats you can edit XComGameData_CharacterStats under the Soldier groups at the top. You can an eStat_Offense entry for the difficulty you are playing. 0 is rookie, 3 is legend. You can see an example in Soldier_Diff_0 where rookie is set to 75 aim base before NCE.

Code: Select all

CharacterBaseStats[eStatOffense]=70
RookieAutopsy

Post by RookieAutopsy »

Bear in mind anything you add to one stat will have to come from somewhere else if you have NCE enabled.
dwhansen777

Post by dwhansen777 »

Thanks for all the assistance.
Clibanarius

Post by Clibanarius »

RookieAutopsy wrote:Bear in mind anything you add to one stat will have to come from somewhere else if you have NCE enabled.
I highly doubt that is the case when you're editing the characterstats.ini.