Viper on Gatecrasher!

aceone

Viper on Gatecrasher!

Post by aceone »

Last campaign i had a viper in the 1st mission after gatecrasher, and i said: Oh well, that sucks, but fine, let`s carry on...

But in this campaign, I am having a viper on Gatecrasher!

Is that even possible ?

I am not complaining, its just...surprising.

Regards
Franzy

Re: Viper on Gatecrasher!

Post by Franzy »

What difficulty are you playing on? On legend there is always either viper or sectoid in Gatecrasher, so yes, it's normal. After all you start at higher strength level (2-3 instead of 1 on lower difficulties).
aceone

Post by aceone »

Franzy wrote:What difficulty are you playing on? On legend there is always either viper or sectoid in Gatecrasher, so yes, it's normal. After all you start at higher strength level (2-3 instead of 1 on lower difficulties).
Hi Franzy, and thanks for the explenation.

Yes i am playing on legend. It was just odd, since i restarted something like 10 times already, and never got a viper yet...

I thought at least gatecrasher was something like, scripted, to have fixed enemies. Looks like i was wrong :)

Regards
Clibanarius

Post by Clibanarius »

Yeah, I think the exact combination is: Legend difficulty; your starting region's starting ADVENT Strength has to be 3. Since the latter is rare, I imagine that's why I've only seen a Gatecrasher Viper 2 times so far.
aceone

Post by aceone »

Clibanarius wrote:Yeah, I think the exact combination is: Legend difficulty; your starting region's starting ADVENT Strength has to be 3. Since the latter is rare, I imagine that's why I've only seen a Gatecrasher Viper 2 times so far.
If that is correct, then It looks like for some reason the strenght went down from 3 to 2 shortly after start.

Because now I am 3 weeks into campaign and its still strenght 2.
Clibanarius

Post by Clibanarius »

Likely the starting vigilance of another region was 3 (that also can vary between 1 and 3 at the start for each region) and one of the legions fucked off, which makes sense.
gimrah
Long War 2 Crew

Post by gimrah »

Aw man, getting a viper on Gatecrasher would suck. Partly because it's a nastier enemy than a sectoid. But also because then you might not get a sectoid corpse for ages, which will delay psi.
aceone

Post by aceone »

gimrah wrote:Aw man, getting a viper on Gatecrasher would suck. Partly because it's a nastier enemy than a sectoid. But also because then you might not get a sectoid corpse for ages, which will delay psi.
exactly that!

Thats why i thought gatecrasher was at least partially scripted - types of enemies

From January, when i installed Long war 2 i had like 100+ restarts , and never a viper on gatecrasher.

Maybe its a feature of 1.3
Saph7
Long War 2 Crew

Post by Saph7 »

This is the famous and mysterious Gatecrasher Snek, spoken of in stories. Only Legend players have seen it, and even then it's an elusive creature, rarely encountered in the wild.
WanWhiteWolf

Post by WanWhiteWolf »

If you get Viper on GC then you have a Viper corpse on day 1. You could rush the autopsy and get Proving Grounds up.

The only issue is that starting on STR 3 can be quite painful.
aceone

Post by aceone »

WanWhiteWolf wrote:If you get Viper on GC then you have a Viper corpse on day 1. You could rush the autopsy and get Proving Grounds up.

The only issue is that starting on STR 3 can be quite painful.
Well, you still need 2 scientists for research, instead 1 for the sectoid.

I would much more like the sectoid corpse, than the viper one.

I hope i`ll ge an ambush troop mission sooner rather than later, to even up...

regards