So every plasma weapon triggers rupture now?

sirburton

So every plasma weapon triggers rupture now?

Post by sirburton »

I've noticed that all plasma/elerium weapons as well as acid grenades now trigger 'rupture' status....and this is since the last LW update released this month right?
Isn't it a bit too OP now? Also, does this make the gunner's skill 'rupture' useless?
My Fearless Xcoms! --> Here
fowlJ

Re: So every plasma weapon triggers rupture now?

Post by fowlJ »

Isn't it a bit too OP now? Also, does this make the gunner's skill 'rupture' useless?
Lategame enemy HP was increased somewhat to account for the increased damage (and to make getting plasma weapons more appealing, since many people just got coil and then never upgraded beyond that), so probably not particularly.

The Rupture skill stacks with other sources of rupture, so it is still valuable. It also inflicts more rupture than plasma weapons / acid grenades, gives a bonus to critical hit chance, and is likely available before you can reliably field those items.
johnnylump
Site Admin

Post by johnnylump »

The Rupture perk grants a big crit bonus and confers 3 Rupture on a target; that is, all future attacks do +3 damage. Plasma weapons confer 1 Rupture, so it's a smaller effect.
Lyzak

Post by Lyzak »

johnnylump wrote:The Rupture perk grants a big crit bonus and confers 3 Rupture on a target; that is, all future attacks do +3 damage. Plasma weapons confer 1 Rupture, so it's a smaller effect.
Also all Rupture effects stack. (unless I'm mistaken)
Saph7
Long War 2 Crew

Post by Saph7 »

Lyzak wrote:Also all Rupture effects stack. (unless I'm mistaken)
There's an ini setting in 1.3/1.4 to make them stack or not. By default that setting is on, so repeated hits with a plasma weapon will do +1, +2, +3, and so on. Handy when you have a soldier with a lot of attacks, or for dealing with high-armour enemies when you don't have a source of shred.
sirburton

Post by sirburton »

I see I see, so it shouldn't be too op actually.
My Fearless Xcoms! --> Here
Sines

Post by Sines »

Saph7 wrote:
Lyzak wrote:Also all Rupture effects stack. (unless I'm mistaken)
There's an ini setting in 1.3/1.4 to make them stack or not. By default that setting is on, so repeated hits with a plasma weapon will do +1, +2, +3, and so on. Handy when you have a soldier with a lot of attacks, or for dealing with high-armour enemies when you don't have a source of shred.
Hrmm... Fan Fire with a Plasma Pistol and Shredder Rounds to weaken any heavy target.