Instant autopsies... no more?

Franzy

Instant autopsies... no more?

Post by Franzy »

So I deliberately delayed researching Advent Trooper corpse, so I could do it instantly after I have 20 bodies, which is not that difficult considering ~10 you get from 1st mission and 3-5 from each randezvous). So I finished another research project while having 20 corpses, and there were no option for instant, just regular research. I finished another research, still no instant. I checked INI-file:
ReqItemTemplateName2="Instant", ReqItemCost2=20,ItemGranted="", RequiredScienceScore=5)
I guess RequiredScienceScore=5 means 1 scientist, and I had two (actually Tygan +1 scientist + 1 basic research). So are instant autopsies no longer a thing in 1.3? Or something went wrong?
Clibanarius

Re: Instant autopsies... no more?

Post by Clibanarius »

Gotta get 10 of 'em to make them instantaneous. Next to impossible for a lot of aliens without using Extract Corpses or delaying them until you end up getting a lot of materiel missions.

edit: Oh, you meant Troopers. I've never seen a trooper instant-complete be possible.
nmkaplan

Post by nmkaplan »

I believe i read in another thread a while ago (like in the 1.1 days) that the trooper autopsy couldn't be auto completed.
Saph7
Long War 2 Crew

Post by Saph7 »

The instant trooper autopsy is unpredictable. I've had it unlock at 20 corpses, but I've also had it fail to unlock at 20 corpses, and I've never figured out why.
Zyxpsilon

Post by Zyxpsilon »

The "incode" problem for the ---Instant Trooper Autopsy--- should be related to how it has replaced Officer as a Golden-Objective in LW2.
Since that switch isn't natively handled by Vanilla.. there's a flip condition that can't be checked (or properly validated) by their special swapping function -- sadly. BUT.. even though the minimal corpses variable still is given a push state **while** we are triggering the Research project itself, there's always a risk that the function fails or succeeds in applying yet another check step.

That being said.. i just wish the exact Vanilla variables would simply be re-used by LW2. It's one thing to delay some projects by throwing bigger research points at anything.. another to hi-jack the nearly rational (and familiar) XC2 contexts to create such artificial difficulty levels.

To me -- Autopsies shouldn't serve as major obstacles (honestly, with 10 minimum across the board.. Gatecrashers aren't *THIS* common to formally get a true pseudo INSTANT advantage for them.. and, by deduction for most of the others too!) to progress nor would different (as in higher) restrictions make these goals less effective when reached.
TheDarkZero

Post by TheDarkZero »

I had mine instant trooper fail to trigger at 21 corpses after a render elirium core research, but trigger at 25 corpses after psy research.