1.3 Managing Corpse

chaosxxxxx

1.3 Managing Corpse

Post by chaosxxxxx »

I am almost through may,and i am yet to find any mission that gives corpses.No troop columns,no ufo,no raid,no rendezvous; nothing...
I can not be the only one,since i just saw xwynns latest video;where even though he unlocked alloy plating,he couldnt make any since he only had 1 trooper corpse,and he is through mid-June!
I know how everyone used to milk 0% supply raids in 1.2,but that's not an option anymore. And since i didn't find any,it wouldn't benefit me even if it was.
So,How are you getting corpses in 1.3?
gimrah
Long War 2 Crew

Re: 1.3 Managing Corpse

Post by gimrah »

I've heard people often get lucky with an early rendezvous.

I've had something of the same issue. I think it pushes you to stripmine some regions so that you get some troop columns. Haven't confirmed whether that works.

I got my strategic layer all wrong on my last 1.3 campaign. I tried not to build vigilance and was very selective on missions. But the result was not enough promotions and slow tech advancement. I thought I was fine then in September I encountered M3s when still stuck on lasers and got crushed. The other consequence was that regions were at low strength and never spawned troop columns, so no corpses.
ShockmasterFred

Post by ShockmasterFred »

Hmm, I just got a supply raids at the end of April (not zero %),I was able to get concealment by using the Intel boost, followed by a Rendezvous on May 1st. I'm guessing it's a combination of RNG and having your haven all set to Intel, as well as scanning at the haven as much as possible.
chaosxxxxx

Post by chaosxxxxx »

gimrah wrote:I tried not to build vigilance and was very selective on missions.
Hmm,so playing it safe is not an option.I'll keep that it mind.

I do have all my rebels on intel,on all 3 regions...
Pardon my curiosity...But could you elaborate your supply raid experience?
Like what was the base enemy activity(Heavy,swarming etc)? what was your infiltration percentage when you did it?
Did you do it with stock weapons?How often did pods get reaction fire at you etc...
Hate to bother you,but surprisingly there is not much on the forums regarding raids/columns after 1.3;except their becoming like super rare...
MacroNova

Post by MacroNova »

Sounds like letting a region get to Strength 4 so troop columns spawn is pretty important.