Do grenadiers extra grenades reduce mobility?

sarge945

Do grenadiers extra grenades reduce mobility?

Post by sarge945 »

As you know, filling any utility slot reduces your mobility by 1.

Does the grenadier also lose 1 mobility for their extra support/frag grenades that they get through perks?
Dwarfling

Re: Do grenadiers extra grenades reduce mobility?

Post by Dwarfling »

Nope.
RookieAutopsy

Post by RookieAutopsy »

The grenade slot is completely free, both mobility and infiltration time wise.
nmkaplan

Post by nmkaplan »

RookieAutopsy wrote:The grenade slot is completely free, both mobility and infiltration time wise.
I don't think that's true. If all item slots are filled, a grenadier will have -4 mobility. So the "grenade slot" is not free for mobility. Dunno about infiltration, but I'd guess it's not free for that either.

However, I believe the original question was about perks like Heavy Ordinance and Full Kit that give extra uses for grenades. Those ARE 100% "free" with regards to mobility and infiltration.
Dwarfling

Post by Dwarfling »

The free flashbangs and smokes from the AWC skills are also free mobility-wise.
Antifringe

Post by Antifringe »

There seems to be some confusion here. Mobility and infiltration penalties are applied for each slot that has an item in it. You only get this penalty once per slot, no matter how many charges that item has (multiple grenades in one slot are really just one item with several charges). I think that is the question being asked here.

But since others have touched on it:

Free grenades from Flashbanger/Smoker: No effect on mobility or infiltration. These were bugged in 1.1 and used to cause a silent mobility debuff. Your mobility stat wouldn't show any changes on the screen, but if you measured it in game, you had a penalty. Fixed in 1.2.

The special grenade only slot that Grenadiers get: Items in this slot reduce your mobility, but have zero impact on infiltration. Easily confirmed by prepping a single grenadier for a mission and swapping items in and out.