Does reinforcement kill farming give EXP?

bingo12345

Does reinforcement kill farming give EXP?

Post by bingo12345 »

Does reinforcement kill farming give EXP? i wonder whether killing reinforcement gives EXP or not.
8wayz

Re: Does reinforcement kill farming give EXP?

Post by 8wayz »

In version 1.2 it did give very, very little XP. I have leveled a soldier or two with the reinforcement pod at the end of a mission. In general it is possible to farm them, but you will need quite a few pods (read 10+) to make it count.

You will get more xp by simply completing more missions.
gimrah
Long War 2 Crew

Post by gimrah »

Yes but not a great deal. I've spent a couple of missions on my latest campaign lingering at evac to murder rnfs. (Mainly as closure for them kicking my ass last campaign; it's not particularly fun otherwise.) In killing maybe 30 enemies this way with low level soldiers I've seen one in-mission promotion occur that way. Most XP is mission XP which is primarily a function of how many enemies there are on the map at the start.
Frei_Ninjesus

Post by Frei_Ninjesus »

Same here, according to the documentation they give very little XP, and I have tried it a couple of times without any noticeable improvements in promotions in-mission.

Most of the time I just try to get out of the AO before they even hit the ground, but last night I had a mission where I had time to spare so I lingered for two waves just for a bit of the old "fish in a barrel" fun. What can I say, they where dropping right beside my 6 guys on overwatch. I'm a simple man.
MacroNova

Post by MacroNova »

As long as it gives *some* XP, there is an incentive to wait around on overwatch as long as possible.
8wayz

Post by 8wayz »

If you want to spend hours of real time to level 1 or 2 more soldiers at the end of a mission, be my guest.

A better use of your time and soldiers would be to simply send them on another missions - you will get a lot more rewards and xp from this.
chrisb
Pavonis Dev

Post by chrisb »

Farming RNFs can be valuable, and does add up. Normally you get some free XP for the initial enemies that spawn on the map. This xp is shared across all your soldiers. For example if there are 10 enemies and 5 soldiers, each will get credit for 2 of those enemies. This value is then multiplied by 5.7 for most classes. (5.8/5.9 for a couple of others). When you kill one of the enemies they give an extra 1 xp to the soldier who got the kill. With Wet Work being a 100% bonus, the soldier getting the kill now receives 2 xp for the kill shot.

If you find yourself being able to farm RNFs consistently then it would be worth investing in Wet Work to double up on the xp. And given how many more RNFs there are now, it becomes that much more worth it. Especially if you are able to 0% missions, since this can mean having a large squad to handle even more RNFs.