"Snare" Missions..

Zyxpsilon

"Snare" Missions..

Post by Zyxpsilon »

Is there any easy & direct way to clearly know that any given upcoming (as in -- already detected) Missions *WILL* be of a ---Snare--- type?

Right now.. these are meant to draw us into a trap by surprise -- but this feature simply nullifies the "Strategic" impact of our regular decisions, IMO. As if, the game fools us enough that whatever we are planning is suddenly twisted beyond active (or expectable) events.
Yeah well sure -- Long War *IS* supposed to be defined by such systematic difficulty processing... but between the gimmicky/cheesy conditions of Snares and deterministic gameplay factors of real/normal missions, i can only rationally prefer the latter.

I've looked into the various INI files or script codes but i really can't pin-point at a reasonable solution to obtain that sort of detail straight into the HUD somewhere -- either as a newly edited string of the "description" itself or with additional methods.

Suggestions?
Clibanarius

Re: "Snare" Missions..

Post by Clibanarius »

Your random use of symbols and code to emphasize words perplexes me. That said, you'll have to use your best judgment to tell if a mission is a Snare type based on the regional ADVENT strength. If you're at a strength of 8 somewhere and a mission pops with Light expected activity, that'd be a trap. You have to use your brain; there isn't a simple way of determining whether or not a mission will be a Snare without doing some rudimentary math on the situation. It's not like with Find A Lead after you do the Liberation 1 FAL mission almost always meaning 'find a reinforcement UFO!'